Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Which strength did you order?  When you mentioned that ceramides are more like a wax it makes me ask the question, it seems when I take phytoceramides, I begin getting these"waxy" looking spots under my facial skin.  Is this all in my head or could the oral ceramides be causing this?  

Also, I had to take a break from my alph serum and RA.  My skin was really flaking and peeling.  It looked bad.  I am using some Dr Nasif pads that I had in my stash and then covering with argan oil.  This has made my complexion look the best it has in quite awhile.  I will return to the GA and the RA eventually, but I will begin slowly.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee Which strength did you order?  When you mentioned that ceramides are more like a wax it makes me ask the question, it seems when I take phytoceramides, I begin getting these"waxy" looking spots under my facial skin.  Is this all in my head or could the oral ceramides be causing this?  

Also, I had to take a break from my alph serum and RA.  My skin was really flaking and peeling.  It looked bad.  I am using some Dr Nasif pads that I had in my stash and then covering with argan oil.  This has made my complexion look the best it has in quite awhile.  I will return to the GA and the RA eventually, but I will begin slowly.

@tends2dogs 

I ordered the 10% LA. I'm still going to use GA, probably every other day or so. I just want to try the LA and see how it will help my dry skin. 

Not sure about phytoceramides causing your skin issue. Do the spots go away when you stop taking that supp?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One unique thing about lactic acid is that it can boost ceramide levels in the skin so the skin barrier function is improved and is good for preventing dry skin. Glycolic acid doesn't do that.

@SilleeMee - This chat about lactic acid is interesting and has got me curious about it. I use Niacinamide and Naturium Retinol at night.  Would I use the lactic acid in place of or with the Niacinamide and Retinol?  Or should I alternate?  Guess I'm just not sure when or where it would go in my routine.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

One unique thing about lactic acid is that it can boost ceramide levels in the skin so the skin barrier function is improved and is good for preventing dry skin. Glycolic acid doesn't do that.

@SilleeMee - This chat about lactic acid is interesting and has got me curious about it. I use Niacinamide and Naturium Retinol at night.  Would I use the lactic acid in place of or with the Niacinamide and Retinol?  Or should I alternate?  Guess I'm just not sure when or where it would go in my routine.

@JudyL 

LA is an AHA. I would use LA separately from retinol, for example every other day or at opposite ends of the clock. Niacinamide and LA can be used together, mixed or layered.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JudyL 

LA is an AHA. I would use LA separately from retinol, for example every other day or at opposite ends of the clock. Niacinamide and LA can be used together, mixed or layered.

@SilleeMee - thank you!  This helps a lot.  I may give it a try.