Respected Contributor

Re: Lack of cosmetics availability in local drug store

@AngelPuppy1    have you tried a different CVS?  Maybe a higher-volume store? 

My CVS is old and kind of decrepit ....like to use EXTRAbucks but i'm so unenthused by the makeup offerings i use the bucks on toothpaste or TP

Some of the newer locations have better stock, like featured make-up displays. anyway i think the cosmetics vendors (L'Oreal etc.)  come in and stock products,  not the store staff.

i've been going to Job Lot to get makeup and nailpolish...

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 - I just went to Target this morning to browse their beauty section and pick up a few things and I've never seen their shelves in the beauty section so empty for all the brands not just some. It was awful.  They had hardly anythig stocked at all.  Walked out with nothing.

Honored Contributor

I've read that we are seeing more empty shelves due to warehouses finally running out of stock that they had pre-Covid and it will take time to rebuild the inventories.  Don't know if that's true tho.  And if it is, maybe some companies were better prepared and due to the nature of the products, some ran out of inventory sooner than others.  Makes sense but I don't know if it's true.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I was just in our CVS beauty department 2 days ago.

Our CVS is fully stocked in beauty.

Western NC.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone for posting!

I guess it's not just CVS, but in my small town CVS has been really the worst.  I get in the mail the coupon for 25% or 30% off an entire order and I look forward to replenishing many items.  But then I go and I can't find any items to buy! Very frustrating.

If I had found the shortage in all of the stores I was frequenting, I would attribute it to the shortages due to the covid, etc. issues.  But I really haven't noticed the shortages regarding cosmetics and toiletries anywhere else.  

There are no CVS stores any place around me.  I would have to drive at least 30-45 minutes to get to another one and then I would have no guarantee it would be any better, so I just won't go.

Thanks for your input!  I hope it gets better....  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I buy most of my cosmetics at Kroger supermarket. Their shelves are always well stocked, clean and tidy. We have 2 CVS close by. Both are dirty with lots of empty shelves. Not just the cosmetics aisles, but every department had empty shelf space the few times I went there to shop. Plus, CVS prices were higher.

I'm sure every CVS in every city is different. I'm not a fan.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt