Honored Contributor

Lack of cosmetics availability in local drug store

I shop at drugstores a lot for cosmetic items and just to browse to see what might be new and interesting.  I am not faithful to one place - I shop Target, Walgreen, Walmart, Riteaid, CVS, Ulta, etc.  

I shop for toiletries and cosmetics a lot in CVS because I get the extra buck coupons and I have saved a lot this way.  However, for several months, their shelves as far as cosmetics have not been stocked at all and are practically empty!  I have asked several times and keep getting told they're in the process of re-stocking.  I'm in there a lot and I never see any sign of re-stocking these things.  

The rest of the shelves for other items seem stocked and fine.

My question is -- Is your CVS like this???  

I have not noticed a shortage of cosmetics in any other drugstore or store that I've been in.  

Thanks for your posts! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Re: Lack of cosmetics availability in local drug store

My CVS is pretty well stocked all the time, But, they take forever to get in new items. CVS is the last place I look for anything that is new and in demand.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, my CVS seemed to be poorly stocked the past few years.  Even before Covid. 

They recently closed the store.😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Yes!  I don't shop for beauty products but the shelves at CVS are much emptier than those at Walgreens or Target.  We keep getting coupons for 25% off the entire purchase, except sale items, so we continue to get whatever paper products are available and a few other items.

Trusted Contributor

My CVS seems pretty well stocked.  I haven't had any problems finding the things I buy at the drugstore. 

One thing I did notice -- there is a tampon shortage in several stores near me.  Fortunately, like a lot of ladies, I buy in bulk.  What a bad situation to not have.  Hopefully this clears up soon.  

Respected Contributor

I am at my place at the beach right now and ran out of eyeliner.  I went to both a local CVS and Walgreens and both had a limited selection of products.  I had to choose an eyeliner that I never used before. 

Esteemed Contributor

The only product I have shopped at CVS for is nail polish, specifically OPI brand.  They have very little inventory and some bottles look old.   I always got my polish from Avon, but they have discontinued most of their choices, so I'm left to look elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I wanted to try a Physician's Formula product.  Couldn't find any of it at CVS and Walgreens did not carry the product in store. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe because I live in a huge, densely populated with 65000+ seniors, the CVS stores in my area are well stocked although I can't say they all have the newest because I tend to buy many of the same items repeatedly.  

I almost can't leave home without passing a CVS or a Publix -  the convenience works to their advantage and mine.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

The only product I have shopped at CVS for is nail polish, specifically OPI brand.  They have very little inventory and some bottles look old.   I always got my polish from Avon, but they have discontinued most of their choices, so I'm left to look elsewhere.

My TJ Maxx had a large display of OPI polish.   Not a huge variety of colors but supply was generous