Respected Contributor

This scent give my DH a headache-must be the patchouli.

Respected Contributor

@maestra wrote:

This scent give my DH a headache-must be the patchouli.

That's what I think does it too me also...it's the patchouli!  I have tried Laura Slatkin perfumes and same thing...I get a headache right away and I believe she puts patchouli in all of them (at least the 2 I sampled).

Valued Contributor

My son gave me the gigantic size as a gift and unfortunately, it's not for me.  I like lighter, clean smelling fragrances.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your comments.  It's funny but my thread said "Anyone Fond of this fragrance" and yet you always get a few to complain.  Such is life.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: La vie est belle

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1I have had la vie est belle for 3 yrs.& have a third left. Its def. a gourmand fragrance & long lasting. I only need 2 spritz with it unlike some of my other scents since its quite potent on me.                                                                                                            I like it but not enough to repurchase. I have other gourmand fragrances I prefer.                                                                                                                                             

Respected Contributor

@Foolywooly11Guerlain mon Querlain is a repeat purchase. I love it also!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I bought a bottle of this perfume from the way it smelled in a magazine. I liked it but I knew it smelled like another fragrance I had. Turns out it smelled very much like Flowerbomb to me and I liked Flowerbomb better, so I gave my bottle away. Very similar, both beautiful!

@sunala, I personally find that most of those strips all smell alike.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I bought the rollerball in Ulta back in the spring and find myself reaching for it so often it’s become time to buy a bottle. 

Valued Contributor

I have it in the rollerball too and like it alot!  I purchased the new La Vie Est Belle Eclat back in the Summer as a birthday gift to myself.  The new one is nice but I like the original version better.

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella: Have you tried the body lotion?  I bought set of 3.3 oz /1 oz. bottles, but was thinking about getting the set with the lotion next time around. I don't always like the "texture" of perfumed lotions, (for example, La Vie est Belle).