Super Contributor
On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Please check out the asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom site, look under creams and the marine complex cream. A man has left a very long review regarding his use of LaMer vs ASDM Marine Complex. The pricing is way more reasonable and even if you don't like the product it can be returned. Who knows you may love it and it may save you some money.

Unfortunately for me, the ASDM cream contains geranium, which is a no-no for my sensitive skin. But for others who are interested, here are the ingredients for the ASDM Marine Firming Complex Cream:

Active: Hyaluronic Acid, Marine Seaweed Homeostatine (Enteromorpha Compressa Extract (and) Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum), Matrixyl 3000, Glycan Booster, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Extract, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract. INACTIVES: Distilled water, Carbomer, Triglyceride, Sodium PCA, Camellia seed oil, EDTA, Allantoin, Geranium, Optiphen.

Valued Contributor
I used to use La Mer but read an article comparing it with Nivea face cream. I tried Nivea and did not notice any difference in my skin. There is a drastic price difference so I stuck with the Nivea. You rub it between your hands like La Mer and for me it works as well. I even found little $.99 tins at Target that I use for travel.
Honored Contributor
On 8/11/2014 Baylie said: I used to use La Mer but read an article comparing it with Nivea face cream. I tried Nivea and did not notice any difference in my skin. There is a drastic price difference so I stuck with the Nivea. You rub it between your hands like La Mer and for me it works as well. I even found little $.99 tins at Target that I use for travel.

Good to know, Baylie! I don't feel the urge to spend $$ when I KNOW the same ingredients can be found in a less expensive cream. I have been comparing face creams this summer (mostly eye creams) so I am going to look into the Nivea. Thanks again!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I love LaMer and use the creme even during the hottest months with the new SPF 50 sunscreen. My skin is supple, gleaming, and virtually unlined. Have used this product for over 10 years and despite all the claims that any old greasy cream does the same, I would not switch for love nor money.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I've never used LaMer but always hear such praise. However, I'm surprised to read that the 2nd ingredient is mineral oil - that cause irritation to me so I'm surprised that those of you with sensitive skin are not bothered.

Super Contributor
On 8/11/2014 gonnab said:

I've never used LaMer but always hear such praise. However, I'm surprised to read that the 2nd ingredient is mineral oil - that cause irritation to me so I'm surprised that those of you with sensitive skin are not bothered.

And the 3rd is Petrolatum. Hmmm?

Must be the Seaweed extract that makes it so special. I may try the ADSM.

Honored Contributor

I would try the oil free formula, avoid the mineral oil.

Trusted Contributor

what about

Algenist?

Trusted Contributor

-Patented Alguronic Acid: Supports natural skin cell regeneration and elastin synthesis for smoother, firmer skin.
-Patent-pending Microalgae Oil: Supports natural skin cell repair and decreases the rate of DNA damage for more nourished, more supple, replenished skin.
-Plant-derived Collagen: Reinforces skin structure and supports natural skin matrix.

ALGENIST
Genius Cream

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogentated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Chlorella Protothecoides Oil, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Vegetable Collagen, Ceramide 3, Cynara Scrolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Astragalus Membranaceous Root Extract, Atractyloides Macrocephala Root Extract, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Methyl Glucoside Phosphate Proline Lysine Copper Complex, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Coumarin.

Trusted Contributor

-Microalgae Oil: Supports natural skin regeneration and decreases signs of damage.
-Ceramides: Retain and balance skin’s natural moisture levels, and increase skin’s water retention capacity; minimize skin’s moisture loss and reinforce its natural lipid barrier.
-Brown Algae Extract: Restores skin firmness and elasticity.

ALGENIST
Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil

Chlorella Protothecoides Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceramide 3, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Geraniol.