Super Contributor
On 8/8/2014 mp0324 said:
On 8/8/2014 Kind1too said:
On 8/8/2014 mollybrownmom said:

yes thank you that is the way I was leaning to get the original, but wanted someone with first hand experience. I'm hoping this is my holy grail and I can be done experimenting which has cost me so much money with bad results (all high end products).

Well maybe you should have been trying mid-range products. I have found many things much less expensive by looking at the active ingredients and making my purchases that way. What are the ingredients in LeMer cream that makes it so much more expensive than most moisturizers?

I think someone had posted the ingredients at one time. Who knows why this particular product works for some people, while others tried it (or not) and think it's a waste of money. When you have sensitive skin you are happy when you finally find something that works for you without irritation.

Sorry, missed that very important word, "sensitive". My skin isn't sensitive, but I do sympathize with you. I had about 10yrs that my face was broke out terribly with rosacea. Nothing seemed to help. I was desperate and willing to try almost anything. I do believe they give samples, so you can test it out before you purchase. Good luck finding a suitable solution.

Valued Contributor

The good news is you can try samples for free. A little goes a long way, so the samples will give your skin a real test drive. Just go to any La Mer counter near you and ask for samples. The sales reps will be more than happy to do that. Make sure they show you how to apply the cream by rubbing between your fingers first. Creme de la Mer original is not applied like any other moisturizer. Hope it works for your dry, irritated skin as well as it has worked for so many of us, for many years.

Honored Contributor

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
On 8/8/2014 mollybrownmom said:

yes thank you that is the way I was leaning to get the original, but wanted someone with first hand experience. I'm hoping this is my holy grail and I can be done experimenting which has cost me so much money with bad results (all high end products).

Have you seen a Dermatologist? Maybe you need an Rx.

Super Contributor

I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea, and my skin tends to be combo/oily. I have used both the original and the soft cream. I prefer the soft cream because the original is too emollient for me and leaves my skin greasy. However, since your skin is dry, it might be perfect for you. If you have a store near you that sells LaMer, it would be worth a trip in. I went to the LaMer counter in Nieman Marcus and the SA gave me tons of samples to try before I purchased.

Super Contributor

Please check out the asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom site, look under creams and the marine complex cream. A man has left a very long review regarding his use of LaMer vs ASDM Marine Complex. The pricing is way more reasonable and even if you don't like the product it can be returned. Who knows you may love it and it may save you some money.

Super Contributor

I am in love with La Mer's soft cream. The original was way too thick for me - I have combination skin. It goes nicely over Tatcha's serum. Lately, I've been using Josie's Argan Milk - but if I'm wearing makeup I use La Mer and Tatcha.

Contributor

I love the regular cream as well as the soft cream. During the hottest months I use the gel cream, but I am a little more towards oily. I agree, get samples! The samples are generous and enough to give a fair evaluation. Once you start purchasing, get samples to take traveling!

Honored Contributor
On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Please check out the asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom site, look under creams and the marine complex cream. A man has left a very long review regarding his use of LaMer vs ASDM Marine Complex. The pricing is way more reasonable and even if you don't like the product it can be returned. Who knows you may love it and it may save you some money.

I love the La Mer line, and used it for a decade until recently when I started to use Skinn and Isomers. I'm also very interested to try ASDM as these alternative lines are excellent from an ingredient perspective, results and price points. No high investments in corporate structure/staff, fancy packaging, advertising or distribution via Neiman-Marcus or other major retailers. These are the biggest reasons for the high price points of La Mer and other similar lines. I recommend that you try ASDM, Isomers or Skinn-or a combination of these lines. Great products. Great values. Great results.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
New Contributor

I have been in the cosmetics industry for over 21 years. I have been using crème la mer for over 13 years and I have see a huge difference in my skin. I have very normal to dry sensitive skin and I am able to use crème la mer with no problem. I'm in my 40's and am told my skin looks really good. I do credit crème la mer for helping my skin look hydrated, dewy and healthy. It is very expensive so I only use a small amount. I won't be without it I only wish that I worked for them{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} hope this helps you{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. go by and ask them for a sample of the original crème and the soft cream you will love.