Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

[ Edited ]

LOL silly Sandra acting like none of us have never heard of this. Been buying it from SHea Terra Orgnics for years now and for alot cheaper. The vendor said it has never been imported to the US before. Um yes, it has.  4 oz for only $16 vs $64 for 1.5 oz. You do the math. Smiley Wink  100% pure organic cold pressed Nilotica. Excellent for lips (my favorite use(, body and cuticles, imho.

 

Shea Nilotica East African Shea Butter (Certified Organic)

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,460
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

[ Edited ]

Heard the nut from this tree in Africa takes 20 years to grow.....between this nut and the nut that Josie Maran's line uses, there isn't gonna be a single nut left in Africa!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,655
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

Image result for eye roll smiley

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

lol @nana59 I didn't hear all that and didn't ever read anything about the 20 years but here is the info from Shea Terra if anyone is interested:

 

"Discover the amazing, rich and creamy properties of a rare shea butter found only in secluded areas of East Africa. This anti-aging wonder cream is rich in age-defying vitamins A & E. Velvety soft, this butter luxuriously caresses delicate facial skin and melts into the body providing healing, anti-aging nourishment. Sustainably collected and naturally extracted, this butter goes through no refining yet its aroma is subtle in comparison to its West African counterpart.
     Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is so gentle and pure that it is a must have to protect delicate baby skin. Baby lotions and oils (except all natural ones) contain harsh chemicals, fragrances and dyes. Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is a pure, protective emollient straight from nature. Shea Nilotica Shea Butter keeps babies skin dreamy soft and protects against irritation and chaffing.
     Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is produced by the Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative in Northern Uganda. Many of the women have escaped the hands of their kidnappers from the rebel army. Some were even been kidnapped as young girls. Some have lost many of their family members, including their husbands and children. The Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative gives these women an opportunity for independence that most women in Africa will never get. By selling their shea butter to Shea Terra Organics the women earn up to eight times what their western counterparts get for their shea butter. The women then use the money to feed, educate and get medical services for their children. Some women have taken on orphaned children after losing their own to the war, and are now able to care for them. Many of the women have bought their own small homes, in cash, built for them by the project.
     Shea Nilotica grows in green areas which receive far more rain than the dry savannahs where western shea butter grows. The women care for the shea trees and collect the nuts of the fallen fruits which they winnow and allow to sun dry. The nuts are then sent to the mill where they are crushed into emollient, soft butter. While women in western Africa will spend hours producing small amounts of shea butter, the women of the Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative have been blessed with a mill to do the work for them, saving them hours of back breaking work while producing a superior quality butter. The women are paid premium for Shea Terra Organics' Shea Nilotica Shea Butter, and the cooperative have set the prices so that the women receive eight times what women in western Africa receive. By purchasing Shea Nilotica Shea Butter you are not only doing a great service for your skin, you are changing the lives of women and their children forever."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,460
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty


@HappyDaze wrote:

lol @nana59 I didn't hear all that and didn't ever read anything about the 20 years but here is the info from Shea Terra if anyone is interested:

 

"Discover the amazing, rich and creamy properties of a rare shea butter found only in secluded areas of East Africa. This anti-aging wonder cream is rich in age-defying vitamins A & E. Velvety soft, this butter luxuriously caresses delicate facial skin and melts into the body providing healing, anti-aging nourishment. Sustainably collected and naturally extracted, this butter goes through no refining yet its aroma is subtle in comparison to its West African counterpart.
     Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is so gentle and pure that it is a must have to protect delicate baby skin. Baby lotions and oils (except all natural ones) contain harsh chemicals, fragrances and dyes. Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is a pure, protective emollient straight from nature. Shea Nilotica Shea Butter keeps babies skin dreamy soft and protects against irritation and chaffing.
     Shea Nilotica Shea Butter is produced by the Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative in Northern Uganda. Many of the women have escaped the hands of their kidnappers from the rebel army. Some were even been kidnapped as young girls. Some have lost many of their family members, including their husbands and children. The Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative gives these women an opportunity for independence that most women in Africa will never get. By selling their shea butter to Shea Terra Organics the women earn up to eight times what their western counterparts get for their shea butter. The women then use the money to feed, educate and get medical services for their children. Some women have taken on orphaned children after losing their own to the war, and are now able to care for them. Many of the women have bought their own small homes, in cash, built for them by the project.
     Shea Nilotica grows in green areas which receive far more rain than the dry savannahs where western shea butter grows. The women care for the shea trees and collect the nuts of the fallen fruits which they winnow and allow to sun dry. The nuts are then sent to the mill where they are crushed into emollient, soft butter. While women in western Africa will spend hours producing small amounts of shea butter, the women of the Otuwe Shea Butter Cooperative have been blessed with a mill to do the work for them, saving them hours of back breaking work while producing a superior quality butter. The women are paid premium for Shea Terra Organics' Shea Nilotica Shea Butter, and the cooperative have set the prices so that the women receive eight times what women in western Africa receive. By purchasing Shea Nilotica Shea Butter you are not only doing a great service for your skin, you are changing the lives of women and their children forever."

Very pleased to read that this product in benefiting the women in that area - have often wondered why we never hear about anything like this from the sale of Josie Maran's products.......

 

 

 

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,835
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

Where do we buy this that you are buying? Thank you.  Also I noticed unless its over 6 easy pays on beauty?  Ugh just what I did not need to see.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Where do we buy this that you are buying? Thank you.  Also I noticed unless its over 6 easy pays on beauty?  Ugh just what I did not need to see.


@DowntonAbbey shea terra has their own website ($11.20 if you use their sept 30% off code- google the code) but you can also buy their products on Pharmaca.com (trusted site- currently on sale for only $14.40), jet.com (currently only $14.79), amazon (available on Prime so free shipping)  and many others. Just google it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,426
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

It's always the women tending to the nuts.  Do you ever wonder if that's a ploy?  If you purchase you'll be benefitting those poor hard-working women.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,594
Registered: ‎07-18-2013

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty

Glad to see this thread. I was sitting there shaking my head saying "Wwhhaatt"?  I guess the hype runs up the price. Hopefully @HappyDaze your information will help focus our purchases/money toward those we should support. LXMI vendor has some explaining to do........

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,218
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: LXMI 100% pure nilotica on Friday night beauty


@HappyDaze wrote:

LOL silly Sandra acting like none of us have never heard of this. Been buying it from SHea Terra Orgnics for years now and for alot cheaper. The vendor said it has never been imported to the US before. Um yes, it has.  4 oz for only $16 vs $64 for 1.5 oz. You do the math. Smiley Wink  100% pure organic cold pressed Nilotica. Excellent for lips (my favorite use(, body and cuticles, imho.

 

Shea Nilotica East African Shea Butter (Certified Organic)


HD.  I've also been buying some great products from Shea Terra.  Love their coupons.