Super Contributor

LUSH bath item stained tub! Help

A black LUSH bath Bom (can't use the right word on this site!)left my older apartment tub stained and black! Has anyone else had this happen? I have tried to clean it with Clorox and it seems stains will not come out! Help!

Respected Contributor

Re: LUSH bath item stained tub! Help

@KayinMNI would call the company and see if they could help. I'm not sure what type of product you are talking about.

Super Contributor

No response from company.....they are those bath fizzy balls you drop in your tub!

Honored Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you used liquid clorox to try to bleach the tub, you might want to try Clorox Clinging Bleach Gel toilet bowl cleaner. I know, I know, you are saying toilet bowl cleaner! No way. It actually works very well in the sink or tub. You spread it on and leave it for a while, hours, even, maybe coming back and reapplying. It may take repeated applications over time. The clinging quality keeps it in place so the bleach can work. This works great on grout and caulking mould. 

It may be the tub is too old and porous to bleach out. If so, you'll have to have a talk with your landlord. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

About the Clorox Clingling Gel, I would use a paintbrush or sponge to spread it evenly over the tub, not squirt it on for fear of having streaks that bleach more than others. 

You may need to try a number of different methods to get the stain out. Hopefully, it will continue to fade out as time passes.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Or Barkeepers Friend Cleanser.

Honored Contributor

I would also return the product to the store where you bought it.  Seems as if this has happened before with Lush BBs.  Let us know what has worked...best of luck.

Honored Contributor

omg Did it change the color of your skin, too?