Honored Contributor

LOVE: Sephora Lip Stories - $8 lipsticks!

New line of lipsticks from Sephora.  $8 and they come in a cardboard tube which is both a pain and a good thing since it can be recycled.  I ordered on line and expected to be disappointed for the price but I LOVE.  There are mattes, satins and metallics.

I ordered Oui! and the next day I ordered another Oui! because it's a perfect pink for me and I never want to be without it and for $8 you can do that.  And I also ordered Spring Break.  They're both satins.  They're smooth and have excellent staying power and I love this new line more than lipsticks that cost four times that.

Respected Contributor

Re: LOVE: Sephora Lip Stories - $8 lipsticks!

@LoriLori  Thank you so much.  Will have to take a look.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1, you're so welcome.  I found out in an email they sent.  I thought the 8 was a typo LOL.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori Thanks for the heads up. I am always interested in new affordable lipsticks.

I just watched YouTuber Faye Claire's Sephora Lipstick swatches on her YouTube Channel. And "Oui" looks beautiful!!

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007, you're welcome.  Glad you got to see it swatched.  I love this new line and hope they expand it and keep it.  I'm so surprised and delighted Sephora would go to that price point and the product is quality.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

New line of lipsticks from Sephora.  $8 and they come in a cardboard tube which is both a pain and a good thing since it can be recycled.  I ordered on line and expected to be disappointed for the price but I LOVE.  There are mattes, satins and metallics.

I ordered Oui! and the next day I ordered another Oui! because it's a perfect pink for me and I never want to be without it and for $8 you can do that.  And I also ordered Spring Break.  They're both satins.  They're smooth and have excellent staying power and I love this new line more than lipsticks that cost four times that.

@LoriLori- Woweeee!  Sounds like my kind of deal.  I actually like the cardboard lipsticks I have from the past.  So are you talking $8. for a set???  I guess I could go look for myself.. haha.  I'm not crazy about metallics, but I can do satin and certain mattes all day long.

Tip:  Use Elf Lip exfoliator in a regular black lipstick tube. I like the brown one which is called clear.  Super cheap and love the application.  Best part, it works like a champ.  Makes all lipstick look better during this cold snap!

Honored Contributor

@Funloving, no, LOL, it's not a set.  I'm surprised and so glad it's a full-size, quality lipstick for $8.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori-

No kidding.  These ARE drugstore prices at 8 bucks a pop.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Had you not posted I wouldn't have found what I believe to be 2 shades I've been trying hard to find!

Thanks for the rec and can't wait to receive!

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Funloving, which ones did you get?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori-

I'm attempting to dupe my MAC LE Viva Glam Nikki 2 with #38 Off Limits Matte.  While it's a very cool tone I love it as a topper lipstick over several mauve-ish toned lipsticks I already own.  Having a more neutral complexion, veering slightly warm in summer, I can pull off cool tones pretty well.  They brighten up my whole face.

The second is #06 Tan Lines Satin/Creme.  I may have something similar already, but this looks like a pretty light nude which I can always use.

I simply can't wear dark shades anymore and hope #38 comes close to my fave MAC lippie topper.

I'll have to take a closer look at Oui!  It appears to be a very pretty universally flattering pink.   Glad you're enjoying!!

Thanks again!