Honored Contributor

I’m finding many of NC’s products are highly fragranced. I do not have allergies, but fragranced products for hair or body lotions compete with my perfume.

Anyone else wish these companies would cut way back on the “smell”?

Honored Contributor

Re: LOVE MY NICK CHAVEZ BUT....

I really dont like scented beauty products either.  Im the same as you want my perfume to stand out, not be mixed with other scents.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Me.  I prefer little to no fragrance in all personal care products.  Especially the synthetic fragrances.  Most of those make me physically ill.  I always choose the unscented version of a product, if it’s available.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is quite problematic for me as I have asthma. Finding fragrance free can be quite a chore. I can't have any scent at all in facial products or highly scented hair products. I really don't know why everything has to be so highly scented. 

I agree that synthetic fragrances are the worst. I was at a mall yesterday that had Bath and Body Works on one side and a fragrance store directly across from it. The synthetic scents wafting into the mall was nauseating. 

Don't even get get me started about having to walk down the cleaning/laundry aisle at the grocery store to pick up some laundry detergent. I sprint down the aisle holding my breath, grab it and go. 

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

...I really don't know why everything has to be so highly scented ...

I asked why and was told by one company that most women will not buy a product if it doesn’t smell good.  

So it is a matter of economics.

I am also sensitive to fragrances and I cringe when a review says, it smells so good. I know I won’t be able to use it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I totally agree with cutting back on the fragrance or having fragrance free.  When you spend $$ on your own fragrance you want to smell it not your hair products.  I wish Nick would get rid of that out dated long hair!  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus    I totally agree with cutting back on the fragrance or having fragrance free.  When you spend $$ on your own fragrance you want to smell it not your hair products.  I wish Nick would get rid of that out dated long hair!  Cat Wink

@Katcat1. ITA. That long ponytail gets thinner every year....😏

Super Contributor

I prefer to have little or no scent in the products I buy.  

I also hold my breath and hurry down the detergent aisle.  It is so toxic.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I’m finding many of NC’s products are highly fragranced. I do not have allergies, but fragranced products for hair or body lotions compete with my perfume.

Anyone else wish these companies would cut way back on the “smell”?

Yes, I totally agree with you. I had to just return the volumizing spray because the fragrance was ridulously heavy and gave me a headache! I mean, the scent is over powering! I wrote to them on FB and hopefully they can address it. I cannot use their products anymore, until they're unscented.