Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOOKS LIKE LEGS HAVE DANDRUFF

Dry body brushing is just that.... use no product.  Start with hands, arms, chest, feet, legs, abdomen and behind going towards heart.

I know its cold here but only a luke warm bath with about 2 cups dead sea salt soak for about 20 minutes, this should soften and moisturize.

Then a water based serum and then seal it in with moisture.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Winter and cold weather always produce dry skin so need moisturizing often fot entire family.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

My skin is as dry as ever this winter. When home, all fireplaces are going, humidifier going in bedroom and slathering myself in my usual Cerave. When I remove my black socks...dandruff! My friend suggested Vanicream. Anyone try it?

I haven't tried the Vanicream.  What works for me though is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream.  I just love that product!  It is so soothing and takes care of the flakiness.  Works like magic, even on my heels.  

Honored Contributor

I agree you need to exfoliate first, I like the philosophy olive oil body scrub. I have used the Vani-cream and for the money it's an ok product. I prefer philosophy body lotion, heavy duty cream isn't always best IMO. This is the first winter I've used a humidifier in my bedroom and it makes all the difference for me.

Honored Contributor

Do you have some oils? Most people have olive oil, i like avocado oil .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion with 12% glycolic. It's the only lotion that can tackle my dry scleroderma skin. Nothing else will absorb except that one. 

You beat me to it, I was just going to recommend the same thing.  I've been recuperating from cervical spine surgery and was on strict orders not to bend, lift, or twist.  Consequently, lotioning up my legs has fallen by the wayside.  My hands and arms are fine, but my legs are awful.  I wear black compression socks and they're loaded with "dandruff" too, as @Shanus described.  

Honored Contributor

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery Woman Happy @JeanLouiseFinch

Esteemed Contributor

I used Vanicream some years ago, on the rec of a dermatologist.  I think it's proprietary to Walgreens and is used as a base for prescription creams.

It's nice and creamy, and mild.  My husband liked it for his hands.  No fragrance.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery Woman Happy @JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks, @SilleeMee!  I'm doing real well.  Not every original symptom has been resolved, but I'm getting there - nothing happens overnight. I've been so blessed that my husband was able to work from home for the past six weeks.  He's been doing everything around here - pet care, laundry, food prep, house work, accompanied me on walks, you name it.  I couldn't have managed without him.  I'm finally pitching in a little  and have been able to cook a few easy meals for us.  

Respected Contributor

I couldn't get this picture smaller. But this is the best I have found.