Valued Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR SHOWER SCRUB W/O OILS?

[ Edited ]

This product from SKINN is advertised as oil-free on HSN's site - Skinn Cosmetics Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Body Wash.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus    I use EO which is Essential Oil and of course, essential oil is not oily.  I have the French Lavender scent and i use 3 light pumps on a sponge to wash.  No sulfates, etc.   I buy it at iherb.com  For an exfoliator, I plan on purchasing Kylie Skin Walnut face scrub and she also has two body scrubs.  Her products are not filled with oils and are all vegan with great ingredients.

@Katcat1   Thanks for reply, but essential oils should not be applied directly on skin, but rather added in a carrier oil like argan or almond oil, etc. It is too harsh. Also if the Kylie face scrub has walnut particles that are not as fine as powder, it can cause undetectable tears in your skin leaving areas open to get bacteria. If you want to do that, apricot scrub in the drugstore would be the same thing. I'd never recommend that on face or body.

Please be careful with any exfoliating scrubs on your face. I alway rec. mild chemical  exfoliation for the face....lotions, toners or pads with a glycolic acid is better that manual exfolitation.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShanusMy favorite body wash is from Nubian Heritage -  Coconut & Papaya on an exfoliating body puff.

Edited to remove link

Luckily, I can find this at Wegmans!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

@ShanusMy favorite body wash is from Nubian Heritage -  Coconut & Papaya on an exfoliating body puff.

Luckily, I can find this at Wegmans!

@Harpa   Thanks. Will check it out. We have a new Wegman's store.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus I agree!  That happened to me with Josie Maran's scrub.  So I found Tree Hut at Ulta.  There are some with oils so be careful what you choose.  I chose the Vit C sugar scrub and have had no issues and I love it!  The price is great too.

@JudyL   I tried this product at your recommendation on the Drugstore thread.  While I really like it, it made my shower floor somewhat slippery.  I had to hold onto the bar in the shower.  Yes, JM's is very nice, but it makes things slippery because of the ARRRRRRRgon oil.  Woman Very Happy

@tends2dogs oh no!  I'm so sorry that your shower floor was slippery.  Hope you can find a product that works for you.

@JudyL No worries!  I like this product and will just use with caution. Woman Wink  I like Josie's, too.  I have a large tub of it and will use it again, with caution.  Thanks for rec.  It IS much less expensive.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I learned all about essential oils when I lived in California where they were first introduced.  I know about carrier oils so I am sure when they are used in products they are safely used.  In fact, I have spilled an essential oil which got on my fingers and hands (peppermint oil) and I was as busy as a bee from it plus I am still here.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  My link from yesterday to the Target site was removed.  I  fogot you can't post links to sites that also sell products. If you go to the Target site and put  "oil free body scrub" in their search bar, it will show you 73 scrubs with no oil.  Many differernt brands,  I hope that's helpful to you. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Loofa cloth with regular body wash...

@Desertdi   Thanks. I do dry brush before the shower and have a net spongy, but still like a scrb for feet, knees, elbow, etc. Where do you purchase these?

Honored Contributor

So, I have been using Serious Skin Care Dermal Crepe Resist Body Polish for a while now, I really like it. soft, citrus scent. Nice size 8 oz tube. Looked at the ingredient deck and it is oll free !! I usually get it on ebay. and I can attest to a non slip surface after using. Give it a try.