Honored Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATION FOR A GOOD TWEEZER

@FLgardener ,

LOL! Your description of pulling stubborn hairs had me laughing! So funny.Woman LOL

I would say that whenever the quality of the skin is improved, then that can lead to healthy hair, too. This is especially true with the use of copper peptides which has been shown to stimulate hair growth by it's affect on making the hair follicles increase in size....that would cause the root of the hair take a stronger hold in the skin making it more difficult to pull out. Some studies have shown that Retin-A can also stimulate hair growth, though I don't know exactly how that works, just that it does that with some people. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @SilleeMee , for confirming my suspicions. I do use copper peptides (Isomers). I guess I'll just have to put up with the stubborn whisker side effect. I am going to check out the Walmart tweezers.

Respected Contributor

If you're in a CVS for another reason, check if there are any Beauty360 Deluxe Curved Slant Tip left. Now discontinued and pretty much gone.

Respected Contributor

Back in April or May this year, I read a thread about Tweezerman’s declining quality.  I was also in the middle of an ingrown eyebrow problem: front of one brow and under the arch of the other...all from severe stress ( I’ d take hair loss over this ! ).

So, took the advice of one poster and ordered the Regine brand made in Switzerland.  Pricey, yes but I couldn’t believe the difference.  The front patch is almost totally clear:  the scarring is fading.  Thank goodness for my concealer !  Arch area is 90% clear and hardly any scarring.

The comment by another poster in this thread is right on:  the roots seem much stronger and my hand strength hasn’t diminished.  When the black hair comes out it is very thick and almost “ angry “ looking...weird !

Nothing surprises me anymore:  aging sure has its issues !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I purchaed the LaTweexe set of tweezers and I really like them. They grab the hair and also have a light so you can really "see". 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs  This as close as I could see that looks like the old Revlon ones that I have. This is Seki Edge.  Revlon makes some but they have a slant edge. Mine are more like what I call needle nose.  I bought the Flawless finish eyebrow trimmer and I'm very happy with it.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   Here is Comolife made in Germany from Amazon.  $19.99.  Gets 5 stars.

Comolife Tweezers made in Germany

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're not going to believe this but I found the best tweezers at Walmart. The brand is Equate Beauty and you get a set of two tweezers, one slanted and one very pointed. I needed a pointed tweezer for removing splinters and saw these in the beauty section and at the time I wasn't looking for brow tweezers... thought I get the set just for the heck of it. Turned out the slanted tweezers are the best tweezers ever. They never miss or break hairs. The really pointy one works really well for ingrown hairs. I still can't believe it. They cost less than $4!!  So if you lose them then you won't be heartbroken. I went back and got another set just in case I did misplace one.

uo_1554095392-25329-5.jpg

I'm back here this morning to say that these tweezers are not good. Woman TongueI bought two sets and the second set really s u c k s! Poor quality controlWoman Frustrated. I apologize to anyone who bought these based upon my recommendation. Tg they weren't expensive. I'm so embarassed I suggested these. Like they say, you get what you pay for.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness - I hear you!  I actually just ordered new tweezers for my brows because I had absolutely no tweezers that wanted to grab onto the fine hairs.  So, I looked up articles rating the tweezers and Anastasia was one, but Benefit was another, and I ordered them right here on QVC.  They have a brush on one end and they are coated to grab fine hairs.  I like them a lot, but they are slanted, not pointed. 

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A422028.html?colorId=000&sizeId=000&ref=GBA&cm_mmc=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEE...

Our grocery store also has some decent tweezers - Giant Grocery store and it's the store brand Etos.  The tiny little ones with the mirror are good at grabbing small hairs - I think because you get better leverage. My daughter and I each have a pair. 

I think my inclination, if I were looking for good pointed tweezers, would be to look into other European brands. I bought some splinter tweezers made by Regine Switzerland (from amazon).  They are really nice and still work well, even after I dropped them and slightly bent the super-sharp tip. i'm sure they make other sizes.  Anyway, they are all precision-crafted by hand, so they should line up perfectly.