Esteemed Contributor

LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATION FOR A GOOD TWEEZER

I have used Tweezerman for years.  The last pair I bought were not lined up and therefore would not grab anything.  I returned them to ULTA and the next pair was no better.  What has happened to them?  I usually had a pair for 4 to 5 years before switching out to a new pair. I like the pointed  ones.

Anyone know of a better brand?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATION FOR A GOOD TWEEZER

[ Edited ]

Mine is working fine. I wanted a backup. Heard awful things about tweezerman. Took a chance ordered mine from Qvc: no issues whatsoever! Previously, bought one at my local Walgreens, returned useless not the same quality.

Sorry, threw out the packaging believe said made in India. Please, Don't quote me on this. Do remember for sure no where did it say: Made in China. 

Edited- 

Tried Bobby Brown and Anastasia. Nothing! Compares with Tweezerman!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ETA:  DON'T BUY THESE! My second set just wasn't good. Poor quality control. The first set I got was okay, not the second one, however.

You're not going to believe this but I found the best tweezers at Walmart. The brand is Equate Beauty and you get a set of two tweezers, one slanted and one very pointed. I needed a pointed tweezer for removing splinters and saw these in the beauty section and at the time I wasn't looking for brow tweezers... thought I get the set just for the heck of it. Turned out the slanted tweezers are the best tweezers ever. They never miss or break hairs. The really pointy one works really well for ingrown hairs. I still can't believe it. They cost less than $4!!  So if you lose them then you won't be heartbroken. I went back and got another set just in case I did misplace one.

uo_1554095392-25329-5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Tried the ones you mentioned. Once again, In my opinion nothing compares with Tweezerman, unable to explain why or what makes the difference. Then again I'm not doing major tweezing go twice a month eyebrow waxing in fact went today. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're not going to believe this but I found the best tweezers at Walmart. The brand is Equate Beauty and you get a set of two tweezers, one slanted and one very pointed. I needed a pointed tweezer for removing splinters and saw these in the beauty section and at the time I wasn't looking for brow tweezers... thought I get the set just for the heck of it. Turned out the slanted tweezers are the best tweezers ever. They never miss or break hairs. The really pointy one works really well for ingrown hairs. I still can't believe it. They cost less than $4!!  So if you lose them then you won't be heartbroken. I went back and got another set just in case I did misplace one.

uo_1554095392-25329-5.jpg

You haven't steered me wrong yet, @SilleeMee .  I will pick these up and give them a try.  I have never lost a pair, but have dropped them and then, you might as well toss them because it usually knocks them out of alignment and there is no pinching them back.....LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My favorite tweezers are from Rubis made in Switzerland. The slant tip pair work far better than the Tweezerman tweezers I purchased last year.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs ,

I bet those tweezers are an item that WM bought thousands of at one time. My guess is when they sell out of them they'll be gone and we won't see them again after that. That's usually how it goes with WM...especially when you find a hidden treasure like that...a one 'n done deal.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  I stopped using Tweezerman several years ago and don't know what happened.  Now I buy mine on EBay or Amazon and type in the search bar "German made tweezers" -- I pay less than $15 and they are great.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I dropped my Tweezerman on carpet and it dented the tip.

I bought Mark V tweezers an have been very pleased. I think they are made in Switzerland. Buy the guy (in Florida) where I used to buy them, no longer seems to be in business. 

I want to check out Walmart tweezers. At that price, as SilleeMee said, it is guaranteed I will never lose them.

Trusted Contributor

I too have gone through the tweezer dilemma. When my Tweezermans began to fail me, I was on the hunt for a better tweezer. I got a pair at Walgreens. I think it was a house brand, but not el cheapos. They work pretty well, as I can get a good grip on my pesky chin whiskers.

I just wanted to add an observation here. I have noticed hairs being much more stubborn now that I have been using premium skincare lines for a couple of years. I have guessed, but am not sure, that as my collagen has been amped up, the hair follicles also have strengthened, making plucking more difficult.

Perhaps @SilleeMee would know if my observation is correct. Of course, with age, my hands are not as strong as they once were. I have to use a wrench to take out a champagne cork!