Respected Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR PASTEL PINKS EYE SHADOW PALETTE.

@JudyL wrote:

@Dazlin @monicakm - oh dear, I'm starting to be concerned about this palette.  It sure looked like it had pinks in it.  I won't return it if I don't like it, but will put it in my donate box.  Will let you all know when I get it.

@JudyL ...exactly!!  Your pic looked soooo nice.

This is stirring up my OCD...😆

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Well, my Laura Geller palette arrived and let's just say I'm glad I got it from eBay and didn't pay full price. There aren't many rose shades, they're mostly neutrals.  The ones that have more pigment also have high shimmer. I may be able to use it as a fall palette with some outfits, or use the lighter shades for highlighter or brow bone, but there's nothing in the palette that will work with my MOB dress.  That's OK.  I'm sure I have something that will work. I'm tired of looking and trying for perfection.

E2E64FFD-429B-48EA-8E56-D0BC6BFBE0DF.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch @Dazlin  @monicakm @JudyL this photo makes the colors look much more on the beige/brown side, which they are not. They definitely have a pink tint when they are applied... at least for me.   Like I said the other day, I used White Tea on my lid, Lavender in my crease, and Chai on my outer crease.  My result was a pretty soft pink.  I look awful in beige.

Respected Contributor

Amy's Diary palette is #14...Amazon. looks pink, some glitter, some mattes.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Well, my Laura Geller palette arrived and let's just say I'm glad I got it from eBay and didn't pay full price. There aren't many rose shades, they're mostly neutrals.  The ones that have more pigment also have high shimmer. I may be able to use it as a fall palette with some outfits, or use the lighter shades for highlighter or brow bone, but there's nothing in the palette that will work with my MOB dress.  That's OK.  I'm sure I have something that will work. I'm tired of looking and trying for perfection.

@JeanLouiseFinch @Dazlin  @monicakm @JudyL this photo makes the colors look much more on the beige/brown side, which they are not. They definitely have a pink tint when they are applied... at least for me.   Like I said the other day, I used White Tea on my lid, Lavender in my crease, and Chai on my outer crease.  My result was a pretty soft pink.  I look awful in beige.

@Boehm Collector , sounds good...thank you so much!   I look awful in beige too.

I'll post when mine comes.  Someone else also said it applies differently then the swatch color looks...I can't wait...im getting anxiety 😄

Honored Contributor

I really don't know @Dazlin  $5ish maybe??  This was one of those rare occasions where I got it wrong (for me) but it's still very useable.  Maybe you'll want to look into some other pink palattes.  I mentioned a few that I have so I know for sure what they look like.  What shade/tone of pink are you looking for?

I have this from Juvia's Place

Juvia's Place The Sweet Pinks Eyeshadow Palette #1

Here is one from ColourPop that is on sale for $9.80

ColourPop Ooh La La! pink Pressed Powder Shadow Palette

Jeffree Star (but I personally wouldn't support his brand

null

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!  Laura Mercier.  

Vivid Rose from Give Me Glow.  Mel Thompson loved this.

ten pan muted and bright pink eyeshadow palette

ColourPop Cloud Spun

light pink eyeshadow palette

This pulled up on Amazon for under $9

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Boehm Collector , sounds good...thank you so much!   I look awful in beige too.

I'll post when mine comes.  Someone else also said it applies differently then the swatch color looks...I can't wait...im getting anxiety 😄

Yes, @Dazlin ,,  the colors look much different when applied.  That is the point I was trying to make but I guess I wasn't making myself clear.  Sorry.  But don't get anxiety over it.  If you don't like it return it.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm , no sorries...I think you offered great advice.   Like we discussed,  lighting, etc can all play a part.    When I get mine, I'm going to apply it and see how it looks.  @Boehm Collector  clearly said the colors looks better on.  Perhaps our individual skin tone plays a part.  If I like at least half the palette, I'll keep  it.  

I like the pastel baby pinks, some deeper shades for outer lid, or creases.   I just look plain hard in bright colors, and beiges are washed out on me.  I'm porcelain/fair,... beige/platinum hair, and hazel/brown eyes.  I think soft colors, but yes, I need some color, works nicely on me.   I posted earlier...if you want, take a look on Amazon,  Amy's Diary, pink palette,  #14. ..I think...thats something close I'd like.  I like the one @Boehm Collector posted earlier too, in the pinks, Holikka??       

But let's wait...because I really don't want  another palette laying around..lol.  thank you so much!!

Meanwhile...enjoy yours!!

Honored Contributor

I looked earlier for Amy's Diary #14 and couldn't find it on Amazon.  

Respected Contributor

No problem...its Amy's Diary store.  Color 14.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I looked earlier for Amy's Diary #14 and couldn't find it on Amazon.  

@monicakm 

Amy's  Diary Eyeshadow Palette  #14

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 8.12.07 PM.jpeg