Honored Contributor

Re: LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER IF.....

Hair dye and make up and skin products aren't going to make anyone look ten years younger. 

If you look younger or older than your actual age, you probably owe that to your genes, diet and lifestyle.

Most people, including doctors mistake me for being  younger than I am.  I can't figure out why.  My hair is salt and pepper and I do not use moisturizers, or skin care products or make-up.  I use soap and water and sun screen.  

Honestly, I don't worry about my age.  There is nothing I can do about it and I am really only one day older than yesterday.  No big deal.

Why would anyone feel bad about the age they are now?  They should celebrate.  They are still above ground.

Honored Contributor

We have been living in a youth oriented culture for many years with wrinkle free young women more revered.  

When Hollywood has been telling stars they are over the hill at 40, women must worry about keeping their jobs as they age, men going through their mid-life crises preferring younger women, it's not surprising older women are constantly looking for that fountain of youth.

Yes, it's insecurity.  For older single and divorced women, looking younger is often survival.  

Why is it OK for men to age?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With the right makeup application, haircut and color you can look good and maybe even look 10 years younger with some good up-lighting. 

Remember that TV show called 10 Years Younger? They would put a woman in a sound-proof booth out in public and have onlookers try to guess her age. Then the host would reveal to the woman what the public guessed as her age...that's when they would take her to get a makeover, no cosmetic procedures but just makeup, hair and clothes. When it was all done she would go back into the booth and have people guess her age again. It was amazing how many years were taken off by the makeup and hair plus the clothes she had on. I loved that show.

Honored Contributor

Although I am told I do not look anywhere near my age, I have no problem telling anyone I am 68.  I have many products I use that I actually can say do improve my appearance significantly but have no insecurities whatsoever - I just want to look my best all the time!!  No one can make anyone feel inferior but themselves so blaming the beauty industry is ridiculous!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problems being the age I am nor aditting it.  I just would like to look and feel decent for my age. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

We have been living in a youth oriented culture for many years with wrinkle free young women more revered.  

When Hollywood has been telling stars they are over the hill at 40, women must worry about keeping their jobs as they age, men going through their mid-life crises preferring younger women, it's not surprising older women are constantly looking for that fountain of youth.

Yes, it's insecurity.  For older single and divorced women, looking younger is often survival.  

Why is it OK for men to age?

@Foxxee  I think it's always been acceptable, even distinquished, for men to age. No one thinks twice if a 65 yr. old man marries a 30 yr. old woman. Turn that around and the talk begins.

Honored Contributor

Age is an attitude

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  That's a temporary 10 years younger. I was referring to companies who promise that their skincare can tighten, lift, erase wrinkles and take 10 years off your appearance...permanently. That is if you keep purchasing jars of the product. 

Honored Contributor

If you're really looking for a PRODUCT.........there is nothing like Voluma®

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Everything I put on my face, goes on the back of my hands.  With hands relaxed, I already don't have any wrinkles (or age/dark spots...I stay away from the sun!) but with the addition of the products I'm putting on my hands, they're even softer and younger looking.  I'm 61 but am told I look like I'm in my 40s.  But I do have a couple of enlarged knuckles from arthritis.  I think that makes my hands look older.