Respected Contributor

Re: LOL is all this really necessary?!!

I don't have a lot of beauty products in my house. I use a cleanser, toner & moisturizer in the morning. At night, I use witch hazel, which is a decent makeup/oil remover. Right now, I'm using using Beekman 1802 facial wipes, I bought them when they were at their special holiday price. They're very light and refreshing on my skin. I also have some Avon cold cream cleanser which is also very nice. I don't have any special serums, dermabrasion, skin tightner, etc. I'm 41 but don't have any wrinkles yet! I also stay out of the sun as much as possible too.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LOL is all this really necessary?!!

NO!  ALL OF THIS IS NOT NECESSARY!  EACH NEW "MUST HAVE" PRODUCT INTRODUCED IS DONE WITH ONE THING IN MIND, THE COSMETIC MANUFACTURER'S OR CELEBRITY SPOKESPERSON'S WALLET!

Your reward for all of these products?  Your money buys you nothing and you will develop an obsessive, time-consuming habit of applying ALL of these different products hoping to see a dramatic change.

I asked my dermatologist, the head of the Dermatology Department at a local University Research Hospital, what she did to keep her skin looking so beautiful.  Her reply, "I wash my face with  Unscented Dove bar soap, moisturize morning night with Neutrogena lotion for day,  their cream at night and use as little makeup (foundation) on my face as possible. She is the same age as I am, 60 years old!