Honored Contributor

Re: LIGHT facial moisturizer for summer?

On 6/21/2014 wackers said:
On 6/21/2014 wagirl said:

I like using a bb or cc cream that I add a touch of moisturizer to. That thins it out a little and it goes on so sheer with a hint of color. I am loving Stila illuminatiing bb but my go- to is Laura Mercia hands down. May be pricey but it last a long time. Of course I put on my spf first.

Don't most BB and CC creams have moisturizers and sunscreens built right into their formulations? That was the whole point for creating them - they accomplish multiple treatments to the skin all in one product. Most are designed to replace primers, moisturizers, anti-aging ingredients (or blemish control) sunscreen and foundation all in one. Some are referred to as 5 in 1's or BB for beauty balms.

Probably, but still are too heavy for me. And I always put spf on separately as force of habit. I find my method works really good for me.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 ednapsych said:
On 6/21/2014 kabella said:

Have you tried Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70? Its more of a smooth water type texture that absorbs quickly with out being dry, greasy, actually, SO lighweight. I have normal skin & in the summer months this is what I use & highly reco. Its waterproof & not drying. last all day & I can compare it to Shiseido spf38. Its only 13.99. I got mine at CVS but if your CVS doesn't carry it, if your interested, you can get it on their website or just google it & find the best deal & the reviews.

If your skin is on the dry side, you can easily mix it with a light moisturizer without spf. I think this is a product that also works well for oily skin. Good Luck!

Also wears well under foundation...

Hi Kabella! I used, and loved, the Neutrogena pure and free liquid sunscreen..SPF 50 and wore it for several years. The one you mention is a chemical sunscreen and the pure and free version is a physical sunscreen (which I prefer). The pure and free version is hard to find. It is in a virtually identical bottle to the one you mention, so easily confused. I love this product. You are right, it is wonderful, is almost a liquid, smooths on so easily and dries fast. I think for an OTC product this product can't be beat. I just didn't like the white cast (you get that with a physical sunscreen with an SPF over 30) so I tried the Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 (it is tinted so no white cast!) and found it works so well for me, and it is tinted. It also replaces my moisturizer so it is more cost effective. Give it a try, I bet you will love it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I still tap on the Neutrogena pure and free at the corners of my eyes and under for added protection.

HI...Well, I would rather use chemical free sunblock. I have tried many chemical free Suncreens & they are drying & thick with a white cast & when its hummid I can tolerate them. Where did you purchase Pure & Free? I'm an outdoor person, gardening, swimming etc. That sounds like more of what I am looking for in a physical sunscreen. Thankyou for the reco's & I will try Paula's Choice.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

""SkinCeuticals"" SPF 50. It is the only 'moisturizer' I use during the summer months. It's pricey but lasts a long time. You need very little. It's thin but stays on. You don't have to worry about it 'melting' off your face. Love it!

Valued Contributor

On 6/20/2014 maestra said:

Estee Lauder Daywear w/spf 15. Smells like fresh cucumbers, very light and sinks in. No reaction for my rosacea either.

Maestra-This is good to know. Although I've been wearing a physical sunscreen under my moisturizer or MU for a bunch of years now (due to my derm's rec that products containing the chemical SPF will exacerbate my rosacea), I love to hear about something like this NOT giving those of us with Rosacea a problem.

Valued Contributor

I will also have to check out the Neutrogena Pure & Free at some point, too. Thanks for this thread. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 glmama said:

I will also have to check out the Neutrogena Pure & Free at some point, too. Thanks for this thread. Smiley Happy

Hi glmama I posted that Ulta has a 12.99 BOGO on Pure & Free. I would call before making a trip because when a product is popular Ulta takes what seems forever to re-stock. There are various website that do carry it also. If you can't find it there just google for the best deal. I loved the first one I mentioned but glad to know there is a physical that gives the same results.

Valued Contributor

Can you do oils? Specifically Argan? I like the newer Light Argan (by JM). I really pay attention to what my skin needs and when it's hot and humid a few drops under my SPF is great and lightweight.

Regular Contributor

I LOVE Josie Maran light argon oil followed by her SPF 47. I have an oily t zone and have no issue with either of these.