Trusted Contributor

I think everyone is different as to what they can wear.  Skin tone, texture, etc.  Me personally, very fair and 58 I cannot wear either.  Powder forget. Even with a good primer the powders make my facial lines look especially bad.   And IT looks too yellow on me.  The foundation I wear is by Bare Minerals...Complexion Rescue.  Love it!!  Good Luck

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input.  I knew I could count on our panel for advise!

My skin seems to be getting oilier as I get older so I'm hoping that switching to a powder foundation might be an option.  I'll let you know how things turn out!!

Respected Contributor

@mommaslp wrote:

Both the LG Balance and Brighten and IT Celebration foundations are half-off during the 21 days of Beauty.  I'm interested in trying a powder foundation  and wanted opinions on which is preferred.  I'll probably buy both but wanted to check on our experts first!  TIA!!

Hi @mommaslp   Just wanted to give you my opinion on the foundations.  Just recently, I decided to try LG's TSV.  The shade I chose (Golden Medium) is perfect and I love the ease of swirling some powder foundation on.  I've noticed, though, that I think the BnB speeds up my oily skin.  Every time I look in the mirror, I have a horrible shine.   This happens with or without primer.  I like IT Celebration Foundation (not the Illumination) but I think the BnB is lighter in texture.  Just my two cents.  I'm curious, too, to see what other people say.

Respected Contributor

i tried both- didn't like either one. 

Frequent Contributor

@BarbiHollywood thanks for your input!  I seem to be getting shinier too with or without primer which is why I thought the powder foundation might be a good formulation to try.  I had used BM in the past, but my skin itched so badly and it seemed to accentuate every pore...not the effect I had hoped for.  This was my next exploration in trying to obtain decent coverage and decrease shine.  I've even used blotting paper throughout the day.  I'm 50 and have never had this happen before.  Guess we just go with flow, continue to explore, and try new things!!

Frequent Contributor

@spot555,  did you have a powder foundation you can recommend?