Trusted Contributor

Re: LG needs to use older models 50 plus- with ""aging skin issues""

gazelle77 I couldn't agree with you more. I'm relieved that people are seeing what is really there and not being swayed by the false claims. The white is just too much. Even the porcelain skin models were florescent. The addition of more of the brightener only made things worse and the blush made the contrast extreme. 'She isn't using older models because all of that glitter and shine. The eyeshadow which, is metallic silver and smokey burgundy would do the same thing the metallic pencil did to poor Maria's eyelids and the other model of some age whose name I blanked on, show off every crinkle, every wrinkle and flaw.I never thought anything could make Maria less than attractive but all you could see was the metallic crunchy, wrinkled eyelids.

Did you hear the much repeated instructions for applying blush? She says, "smile and put it on the apples of your cheeks where you smile" Every woman of my age's worse nightmare, the circle of bright pink blush on your cheeks where you smile, accentuated by the line of white above the cheek and the dark line of bronzer in a parallel line below. It is exactly the look of the ladies roaming the streets , doomed to be committed because they've lost touch with reality. It's a look outdated in the fifties.

Lauren Hutton, supermodel , the only supermodel to resumed her carer in her 40's and 50's created a makeup disk for women in their forties and beyond. She makes matte concealers and spot covers only what needs to be covered, blending the spot coverage into the surrounding skin. So you know they have to match. And she offers in every disk several tones for this purpose. Her eye shadows are muted, soft tones, also matte to deemphasize the crepey skin on our lids , to flatter rather than appear garish, childish. Her blushes are soft tones actually found in our skin and although she prefers we not use them she knows we want them. But, she knows how to apply them. She is renown for chiseling with her soft flesh toned powders, creating the shape you wish you had imperceptibly. No red apple cheek for her. Her lip liner won awards for best liner for years because it is the color of the young skin of the lips ,not neon red or purple or grey tan. It is one of the very few nearly universal colors and has sold in the millions. I tracked her down online. The disks and some ingenious small carry along stacked compacts are available there. She warns all of us about the aging effects of glitter, sparkle and loud colors. Her emphasis in skin care is on hydration. She was the first to introduce tamanu oil which is amazingly hydrating, soothing and has natural antioxidants, to the US.

I have additional objections to Laura Geller's claims and need to find an ear in QVC administration to discuss some extremely offensive practices . The refusal to use everybody but to claim to devote your efforts to making everyone beautiful is deceitful. She doesn't need to make these claims to sell her makeup. Those devoted to it will buy it for themselves anyway.

I guess I'm old, 60 something in years , and I will not disrespect myself by trying to use a twenty year old's makeup. I will not use muddy, ashy baked cream of variable intensity on my face. Not everyone can be beautiful but everyone can be attractive. Laura Geller hasn't learned this lesson. That is what you see on her own face. There is a dark line between concealer and rim of the lid. Beneath the concealer and excess brightener she looks bruised. The lipstick is too loud and slimy and the coverage patchy. The bronzer is asymmetric and excessive. The white shiny imitation of Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat is just sad. It's the look of a woman trying too hard, hanging on to days gone by.

I know I went on at some length discussing Lauren Hutton but her instruction manuals, step by step DVDs and her color coded brushes and discs, and "passport" collections are incredible. Each one is designed to flatter women of every color, each her own. She is one woman who knows how to be her age AND beautiful. You might like what she offers.

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 CoG said:

I know I went on at some length discussing Lauren Hutton but her instruction manuals, step by step DVDs and her color coded brushes and discs, and "passport" collections are incredible. Each one is designed to flatter women of every color, each her own. She is one woman who knows how to be her age AND beautiful. You might like what she offers.

Lauren Hutton's disk was AWESOME! I had it and so agree with everything you stated. She is a woman who celebrates her lines.... she is an outdoors safari woman and her makeup was to complement that woman. Thanks for such a great post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor

I agree with this and won't watch those demonstrations because they are really silly. Other than a few of the young models who have a little bit of redness I don't see any of them with wrinkles and lines. It is such a joke. And yes...there is talc in her foundation....but if I were 20-40 years old it wouldn't matter.

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 9/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

It's all an illusion, ladies. They can't use older women with real skin issues because.......the products do no do what the sales hype says they do. Surely, you understand that now. Makeup and skincare can help us look better....it can't perform miracles.

Yes! I want to see that the powder foundation works with dryer more lined skin with aging issues. If It does this... than all we want to see is that is does it.

Bring a 50 plus model in WITH NO MAKE UP ALREADY ON HER FACE( a clean face) and have Laura put it on.

...women who are buying makeup and skincare do not WANT reality. What woman is going to shell out a boat load of money for makeup that doesn't make her look any better than the makeup she already has on her bathroom counter? Who would do that? What woman would even want to see a makeup demonstration on woman who has worse skin that she has? How in the world could a makeup company sell anything by saying here's a 63 year old woman with wrinkles, sags, bags and dull skin.....and.....my products can't do much about it. Shell out your $189 for my products which can make your aging sking look a little better. Maybe. Do you really think a sales pitch like that would make Qvs's phones ring?

Super Contributor

It's all an illusion, ladies. They can't use older women with real skin issues because.......the products do no do what the sales hype says they do. Surely, you understand that now. Makeup and skincare can help us look better....it can't perform miracles.

Yes! I want to see that the powder foundation works with dryer more lined skin with aging issues. If It does this... than all we want to see is that is does it.

Bring a 50 plus model in WITH NO MAKE UP ALREADY ON HER FACE( a clean face) and have Laura put it on.

...women who are buying makeup and skincare do not WANT reality. What woman is going to shell out a boat load of money for makeup that doesn't make her look any better than the makeup she already has on her bathroom counter? Who would do that? What woman would even want to see a makeup demonstration on woman who has worse skin that she has? How in the world could a makeup company sell anything by saying here's a 63 year old woman with wrinkles, sags, bags and dull skin.....and.....my products can't do much about it. Shell out your $189 for my products which can make your aging sking look a little better. Maybe. Do you really think a sales pitch like that would make Qvs's phones ring?

must be why I have a drawer full of makeup that I bought and sits unused.... sad....

Super Contributor

Ongoing sales number dictate what customers want and buy. If you have the issues you are describing, there are lots of products/lines that market to such.

Honored Contributor

I am 65 - i have good skin with very few wrinkles - blessed with good genes that way - but LG powders do not work well for me at all. They definitely settle into lines and make my skin look older. I do like her blushes though and I am also a fan of her moisturizing spackle.

Honored Contributor

Adrienne Arpel does it all the time.

Respected Contributor

Most of their demos are nuts, especially the ones with hair products to make hair fuller, and show a "before" pic with plastered-down hair.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I agree that the skin product presentations seem only to be geared towards those with 20-year old skin. It's the same thing with almost everything on ads, though--hair dye (most of which, BTW, is purchased by women to cover their gray hair) is apparently only used by young women with hair below their shoulders when the box generally has only enough for touching-up roots or coloring very short hair:think:, bladder leakage, once the bane of mostly menopausal women, is now curiously a big problem for young models:think::think:, and the female half of the ED drug ads are getting younger and younger:think::think::think:.

Some things never change.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Doesn't she still put talc in her makeup?

That will emphasize lines and wrinkles and dryness.

If that is the case, than either say it or show it.

You want her to tell you that it will emphasize your lines, wrinkles and dryness?