Contributor
Does this contain spf.?
I have been using it and I love it.
I remember a few years ago there was some discussion on this but I don't remember the details.
Ty.
Honored Contributor

@Kimmy922 wrote:
Does this contain spf.?
I have been using it and I love it.
I remember a few years ago there was some discussion on this but I don't remember the details.
Ty.

@Kimmy922

Why not look it up on the QVC page where this is sold and read the description?

Honored Contributor

Re: LG balance & brighten

[ Edited ]

If it did, it would list it with SPF on the packaging. The labeling of SPF for powder products was changed by the FDA some years back so many companies that claimed SPF for powder products had to remove it from the label OR they could do further testing and submit the testing to the FDA to prove the SPF was sufficient for true coverage and protection. This is a pretty costly and difficult test and many companies chose not to do it due to the cost factor and then many others could not pass the test so could no longer claim SPF rating.

I would NOT rely on a product for SPF protection if it is not marked as such since it has not been acceptably proven to provide the needed protection against UVA/UVB rays.

Honored Contributor

No SPF in there.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LG balance & brighten

[ Edited ]

@Kimmy922 Dermatologists advise that we should be wearing an SPF product separate from our makeup.  The reasoning is that we don't apply a heavy enough layer of makeup for the SPF in it to be of much help.  If we did apply enough, we'd look like clowns!  That goes for liquid as well as powder makeup.  My mom died from skin cancer, so I've made a point to stay up to date on proper skin protection  HTH

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I seem to remember that she did come out with a version that had SPF. I recall reading some reviews from people who said that they didn't like that version as much as the original.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland