Trusted Contributor

Re: LG TSV - Boring - disappointed

I purchased the TSV. It works perfectly for me as I no longer wear much eye make up and the blush I received in the previous TSV kit will last me a good 10 years. I also have brushes from previous kits that have never been opened. It's a great value for me. It evidently is a good enough deal for many others as it is selling out in some shades.

Respected Contributor

I was looking forward to this TSV but a pass for me as well. 

Laura is a joy to watch though 

Valued Contributor

I agree with you ladies. I was also looking forward to a TSV set. 

Perhaps they had something else planned but with prices/shipping issues they had to change last minute? Still, the TSV presentation looked sad. Just one lone item. At least offer a pair, or include the brush or some kind of applicator. 

For those who love LG products, her website often has really good sales. 

Trusted Contributor

agreed!  it's always so much more fun when the TSV is a kit.  I like getting a new lipstick, blush, anything different for summer.  Too bad.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the TSV.  I like the idea of having the two different foundations in the same compact.  This way I can swirl the brush in both and apply.  I have many brushes from previous purchases so I don't need one for this TSV.  I do agree, though, that this TSV was a last minute effort.  Laura Geller has not had a TSV in a very long time so they probably decided to have a TSV for her 25th anniversary.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the TSV and think its great idea.  I already have a few of her kabuki brushes so don't need any of those.  Have enough blushes and am not a fan of her lipsticks so if this had been in a kit, I would not have purchased.

This was, as far as I know from a different post on the TSV, announced earlier this week that there was going to be a TSV from Laura after all so I do think it was  a last minute add-on or maybe something else was planned and didn't come through so they put this in its place.

Respected Contributor

I'm one of those who doesn't like kits, either, and I have plenty of Balance & Brighten and Balance & Glow (but would have ordered if I needed them, because I love both). I also have more than enough brushes, both "in use" and "backups".

BUT, I did order the split blush compact, there are no better blushes IMO than Laura's! I also ordered the Italian Marble Lipsticks. The last one, a single, that I got I really liked.

Honored Contributor

I got it because I really like Laura's products- or the company who currently own the company. I agree with those who say it might have been a last minute thing.

A lot of us "Geller Girls" wondered why, on the 25th anniversary, QVC had no TSV scheduled. Clue #2 - we knew nothing about this until shortly before TSV release. and it wasn't posted at all before. Clue #3 maybe- it wasn't a kit. just a compact with no brush.

After 25 years, even if Laura no longer owns LG, she deserves much better. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

I got it because I really like Laura's products- or the company who currently own the company. I agree with those who say it might have been a last minute thing.

A lot of us "Geller Girls" wondered why, on the 25th anniversary, QVC had no TSV scheduled. Clue #2 - we knew nothing about this until shortly before TSV release. and it wasn't posted at all before. Clue #3 maybe- it wasn't a kit. just a compact with no brush.

After 25 years, even if Laura no longer owns LG, she deserves much better. Smiley Mad

@beach-mom - I was just thinking the same thing about Laura deserving much better.  Her anniversary month and all she had were some 1 hour shows, then this TSV was just announced by Shawn on a beauty show on Monday so doubt it was planned.  It feels like an after thought.  As if someone said, "oh gee her shows are so popular this month, we'd better add a TSV."  and this is what they came up with at the last minute. 

And I just realized Laura had only 2 shows today - now you know that is not the norm for a TSV day so something really is wrong here. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom - I was just thinking the same thing about Laura deserving much better.  Her anniversary month and all she had were some 1 hour shows, then this TSV was just announced by Shawn on a beauty show on Monday so doubt it was planned.  It feels like an after thought.  As if someone said, "oh gee her shows are so popular this month, we'd better add a TSV."  and this is what they came up with at the last minute. 

And I just realized Laura had only 2 shows today - now you know that is not the norm for a TSV day so something really is wrong here. 

@JudyL - I think you are probably exactly right when it comes to what they were thinking!   Smiley Wink