Super Contributor

This tsv is simply beautiful; I've been wearing it every day since I got it a week ago.  I have been buying LG makeup for so long, but this is the most flattering tsv I have ever gotten, hands down.  I was at work all day yesterday so I didn't get to ask on any of the LG sites --my crazy tv cut off half of the picture on the tsv A/D showing.  Did anyone catch what color the lipstick would be?  It also appeared that the eyeliner will not be black on the next shipment.  I only wear black on top, so that's slightly disappointing but I"ll still take the shipment if everything else is something I can wear.  I really love this new eyeliner though.  Very easy to use!!!   This is a beautiful tsv and I have makeup compacts and unopened jm body butter in the boxes in my closet.  This kit is JOYFUL!!! Love it!  I wrote a review, and I could have and should have gone into detail on every product; instead i left it short and sweet which was probably helpful to no one!  I was commuting to work on the bus.  The last time I wrote a detailed review from my phone, it would let me submit, so I decided I wouldn't do that again.  This time it took it and it really didn't tell much of anything about these wonderful products.  Every single item is terrific!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LG Lights of Venice TSV A/D

[ Edited ]

Congrats - the set looked beautiful and a full face of full size products was a great deal. Not something you see at Q very often.

Love Laura's products - they are super light and do not drag the skin down.

They mentioned the items they were switching out and eyeliner was not one of them.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts on this kit. I hope I like it as much as you. I wasn't going to order then I folded.  Here is the info. about the futurs shipments.

FUTURE SHIPMENTS

March 2017
March 2017
  • Baked Balance-N-Glow (choice of 5 shades)
  • Baked Highlighter Split in French Vanilla/Portofino, a subtle vanilla-beige shade and a sparkling peach shade
  • Baked Color Intense Eye Shadow in Frosting, a shimmery taupe shade
  • Color Enriched Lipstick in Tawny Tannin, a creamy tan
  • Color Luster Lip Gloss in Sugar Cane, a light pink shade
  • LusterEYES Eyeliner in Luster Plum, a deep plum
  • GlamLash Mascara in black
  • Short-handle highlighter brush
July 2017
July 2017
  • Baked Balance-N-Glow (choice of 5 shades)
  • Baked Bronze-N-Brighten in Medium
  • Baked Color Intense Eye Shadow in Candy, a warm pink with shimmer shade
  • GlamLash Mascara in Black
  • Color Luster Lip Gloss in Rosy Tarte, a neutral pink shade
  • LusterEYES Eyeliner in Luster Black, a rich black
  • Pout Perfection Waterproof Lip Liner in Tulip, a pinky mauve
  • Retractable powder brush
Super Contributor

Thank you for this!  The future shipments look very nice too!  I'll stay on a/d, even though I'll probably give the eyeliner in the second shipment away.  Everything else in shipment two and three look beautiful!  Lllloooovvve!

Super Contributor

I guess I didn't read the fine print!  Disappointed that shipment 3 has my favorite,  (every single day I use) bronze n brighten but specifically states IN MEDIUM.   I cannot wear this in medium.  I tried back in the day when that was the only shade they had.  I absolutely can't; it's too dark on me and looks like mud.  So sad that it won't come in the same shade of choice to match foundation.  I told my mom I would gift it to her but she suggested that I write to LG and ask if this could be addressed.  I'm such a devoted Geller Girl.  Laura, please consider this bronzer to match our foundation shade!!!

Honored Contributor

I actually would have considered this TSV had the foundation had SPF of at least 15.

No SPF,  no sale for me anymore. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I think it can be tricky with some formulations.  I remember about 5 years ago they actually added SPF to balance and brighten and unfortunately, it changed the color of the foundation for everyone.  I purchased it in my usual color and it  was about two shades darker.  Eventually LG discontinued as everyone hated it.  She initial did it because people really wanted it (myself included).  I was too crazy about the LG line to abandon it for no spf, then Josie came along with the spf 47 which works as my moisturizer and spf, so I pretty much am very happy now.  I want at least spf 30, so even spf 15 in a foundation does not make me feel like I have enough spf coverage. I love LG balance n brighten because I hate foundation.  It is amazing for me.

Super Contributor

I did write to LG customer service about shades for the future A/D's--I just requested that they consider letting us have our choice of shades for the balance and bronze rather than the medium shade.  I know I can't wear it--been down that road.  We'll just see what they say.  I'll get it anyway, but sad that I won't be able to use that. 

Respected Contributor

This is always an issue: one thing or another in the kits is not universally useful. In this case for me, I think I have a portofino/french vanilla compact already and don't need another (but some people E-bay the unopened items they can't use.)

It is a nice kit and I was sorry the Mediterranean bronzer A/D didn't seem to have more than one shipment (iirc.) 

The more I use Balance n Brighten, the more I like it. I'm interested to see how this one works. As to no SPF, I can't see how it would have enough, but I always use a moisturizer or base with SPF as I feel it's more effective. 

Honored Contributor

I thought the kit was very pretty too, but I don't need another mascara or any more lip stuff and I don't use black eyeliner and have a ton of eye shadows. I was interested in the baked balance and glow. Found it on ebay for a good price. I do love LG make up tho.