Honored Contributor

LAURA GELLER....TOO MUCH SHINE & GLITTER

Oh wow. I saw both LG shows and was surprised how shiny and oily the models looked. 

The eyeshadows were shimmer, lipsticks & glosses all had glimmer, then the highlighter w/ brush was overkill.

I wanted to run up to my tv w/ a fluffy powder brush and take down the shine. I’m shocked as a pro, she’s not aware how silly they looked.

Contributor

Re: LAURA GELLER....TOO MUCH SHINE & GLITTER

I completely agree.  On another note, I think all the cosmetic lines are going overboard with the highlighter. It looks so obvious.

Honored Contributor

@KJV wrote:

I completely agree.  On another note, I think all the cosmetic lines are going overboard with the highlighter. It looks so obvious.

@KJV  It would be great if women realized most of those YouTube tutorials are for 18 yr. olds, not reality at all. Even the you tubers are going overboard!!

It is difficult to sift through all the fairy dust and find natural looking, adult makeup.

Respected Contributor

A couple of months ago, I bought 2 Kits.  Nice "soft" blush, and nice "soft" lipstick, which I have pruchased before, and loved the colors.  My Balance and Brighten shade was in stock.  A no brainer, right?  Wrong.  Mistic needs to learn to READ better.  I bought Balance & GLOW!  Both of them.  At 62, I do NOT need to glow like that!I I use it so sparingly, that if I live to be 80, I will still have some left.  My Bad.  Smiley Sad  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I truly hate this new "illuminated" make-up.  It gives the look that used to send us running to the ladies' room to powder our noses.  Who decided it was attractive to look greasy/sweaty?  Change the look and well sell them new product?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I truly hate this new "illuminated" make-up.  It gives the look that used to send us running to the ladies' room to powder our noses.  Who decided it was attractive to look greasy/sweaty?  Change the look and well sell them new product?

@Kachina624  ITA. It isn’t attractive on anyone. It’s also getting more difficult to find products in all makeup lines that don’t have the glimmer and shine.

Frequent Contributor

Couldn't agree with you more!  There was one model who looked absolutely ridiculous.  She looked like a clown!  Her face was extremely shiny, she had way too much makeup on, her lips looked horrible.  Sorry, but it was really bad.

Contributor

I love Laura Geller and her products.  She is a fantastic make-up artist.  However, I agreed 100% with all of you on the glitter, shimmer, shine, sparkle, etc.  I use many, many of Laura's products, and even use her dimond dust highlighter and love her blush. That is as far as the glitter and shimmer goes for me.  She must be trying to appeal to the younger crowd.  As with everything else, this phase will pass and normal makeup will return.  And, yes, I do believe she does know better.  Laura is keeping her brand flowing with the trends.  Just choose your makeup wisely.  

Honored Contributor

@ilovefall wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more!  There was one model who looked absolutely ridiculous.  She looked like a clown!  Her face was extremely shiny, she had way too much makeup on, her lips looked horrible.  Sorry, but it was really bad.

@ilovefall. I know they overdo the makeup for high def tv, but wish they’d realize that this look is not going to sell makeup. If it does, I think I’ll be working full time doing “make unders”.

Frequent Contributor

I laughed as soon as I saw this post this morning, because I was watching the Laura Geller show as well and had all of the same thoughts!! 

I am 32 years old and I feel leaps and bounds ahead of my time, I cannot stand the dewy, highlighter, shimmer look that is currently on trend and especially in women my age. I am a matte makeup/powder person through and through.

My husband walked through the living room as I was watching last night and they were showing a before & after on one of the models, and he said “100% she looked way better in the before picture, the after is scary and greasy looking”.

I do love a lot of her makeup but I stay away from anything with highlight or glow in it, just not for me at all and I rarely like it on anyone that I see as well.