Honored Contributor

Re: LAURA GELLER....TOO MUCH SHINE & GLITTER

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I agree. My favorite blush was one of hers called mauve mocha latte, but she stopped making it... It was a matte blush and was so pretty... Now, it looks like most of them are too pink or peach and have too much iridescence for my taste, so I'm looking for a good replacement. I like Sunswept but don't always want all that sparkle...

@stevieb  To find a matte blush, you may have to try a different line. Q’s “darlings”, LG and Mally seem to be stuck on glimmer and appealing to a younger group. Check out some drugstore blushes.

@Shanus I am winding my way through alternatives, but none of the colors is just right... Oh well, the search goes on...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I agree. My favorite blush was one of hers called mauve mocha latte, but she stopped making it... It was a matte blush and was so pretty... Now, it looks like most of them are too pink or peach and have too much iridescence for my taste, so I'm looking for a good replacement. I like Sunswept but don't always want all that sparkle...

@stevieb  To find a matte blush, you may have to try a different line. Q’s “darlings”, LG and Mally seem to be stuck on glimmer and appealing to a younger group. Check out some drugstore blushes.

@Shanus I am winding my way through alternatives, but none of the colors is just right... Oh well, the search goes on...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  Are you looking for a cream blush, powder and an idea of what color family? I may be able to help.

Honored Contributor

There was another thread on BEAUTY some time ago about lines we didn't care for or didn't work for us....something like that. Laura Geller is one of those lines that I would buy and then return, buy and return, buy and...you get the idea. I WANT to love this line. The products look great, the concept is great but everything on me looks terrible and I couldn't figure out why.

Stopped by Ulta last night, saw her products...nothing wowed me. Read this thread and it hit me: the SHINE!

MANY of her products don't look super shiny until you put them on and BAM! neon shine. She has some gorgeous eye kits but shiny shiny shiny. Even the powder foundations give me a "glow" I don't care for.

There ya go.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  Are you looking for a cream blush, powder and an idea of what color family? I may be able to help.

Thanks @Shanus... I prefer powder blush and the color I adored was called mauve mocha latte... My skin is medium to fair and it just worked perfectly. The name is pretty descriptive of the color... a sort of creamy tannish mauve...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Wink

Thanks @Shanus... I prefer powder blush and the color I adored was called mauve mocha latte... My skin is medium to fair and it just worked perfectly. The name is pretty descriptive of the color... a sort of creamy tannish mauve...

@stevieb  Look online or in the store at BB Sand Pink powder blush. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, The Original B&B is Matte.  Just watch (Read Mistic Read) that you don't mistake it for the New Balance & Glow.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

If you are looking for a nice matt mauve blush check out the ELF blush in Mellow Mauve.

Image result for elf mellow mauve blush

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  Look online or in the store at BB Sand Pink powder blush. 

@Shanus Thanks for the suggestion. I took a look and would like to try both the sand pink and the desert pink... 

Woman Very Happy