Trusted Contributor

Re: LAURA GELLER NEW EYE SHADOW PALETTE

I'm going crazy here ! I love her Italian eye shadows, and all of these are so very gorgeous. However, I desire them all in matte finish. Are any of these all matte shades? I'm getting older eyes and don't want the beautiful luster all of thse have, but would just love to have these same colors in matte.

Oh please Laura, give us these in matte. Thank you !  

Valued Contributor

@catlover wrote:

@Lally wrote:

catlover, I had no will power. Zip. I already bought the 21 palette last week, and ordered the QVC New 31 holiday shades yesterday. I hope this larger one has a good amount of mattes. The colors are so pretty.

Did anyone else order?

@LallyI totally understand Lally-I LOVE palettes so much!

I'm pacing myself-I bought this-Vice4 in color from Urban Decay.

I also want the Tarte Holiday Collection and the Laura Geller 31 shades in the round case............when will the madness stop???

@catlover wrote:

@Lally wrote:

catlover, I had no will power. Zip. I already bought the 21 palette last week, and ordered the QVC New 31 holiday shades yesterday. I hope this larger one has a good amount of mattes. The colors are so pretty.

Did anyone else order?

I also want the Tarte Holiday Collection and the Laura Geller 31 shades in the round case............when will the madness stop???

Too fuuny! I bought the Tarte  Holiday at Ulta to give my daughter.. You have excellent taste. 😄 That Urban will get us every time. The colors of the one above are so vibrant. I bet you are enjoying them. I have their Smokey and use it weekly. I am betting Laura's 31 shades will be in your drawer soon. 😄

Honored Contributor

The Tarte holiday one at Sephora is gorgeous.  I love all the browns.  I have several Urban Decay ones, but I don't wear the crazy ultraviolet and bright greens they too often offer.  I only liked their nakeds palettes.  

I like Laura Geller's ,but I won't buy it.  I may just get the Tarte.  I certainly don't need it, but I like all the colors.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the Delectable Nudes pallette from Laura's site a couple weeks ago. She had a 30% off code so it was a bargain! Got a couple of other things I use a lot, too.

That pallette is gorgeous...those browns, vanillas, and olive greens are just exactly the colors I use most. Plus, all of my more neutral shadows are getting old and need to be tossed soon!

I love to do a "full-on" eye makeup, but when I have a lot of singles to open (as I do now) it just takes too much time! I end up doing a lid color and a liner and that's it--which is fine and really all I NEED, but I just enjoy doing the whole shebang, lol! So, I think I will really enjoy this pallette and having it all in one container.

Downside is, I got DH to agree to make this one of my Christmas presents (that way HE paid for it!). So as soon as it arrived, I inspected it then put it away in his chest of drawers for him to wrap later. Sniffle! I have been soooo good...I haven't even peeked once since I put it away!

The Delectables Eye Shadow Palette - Delicious Shades of Nude

Oh, and just FYI, I'm 60 years old and I love a little shimmer! Lightly applied, it actually makes my eyelids look a little less crepe-y. I don't do a whole shimmer-eye, and I don't like big chunks of glitter, but I don't let age "limit" me either!

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@catlover wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Did anyone else order?

@catlover wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Did anyone else order?

Too fuuny! I bought the Tarte  Holiday at Ulta to give my daughter.. You have excellent taste. 😄 That Urban will get us every time. The colors of the one above are so vibrant. I bet you are enjoying them. I have their Smokey and use it weekly. I am betting Laura's 31 shades will be in your drawer soon. 😄

@LallyI'll be getting UD Smokey as well-hey-you only live once right-there are worse things to love than something as innocent and fun as make up..........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the majority of the eyeshadows in these huge palettes are often frosty, shimmery shades.  At my age, I prefer mattes.  Plus, unless the individual shadows are extremely small, I would think these palettes are kind of bulky.  How do you store something like that?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard them say that the new round one has all new colors. I checked my big square one and then my Book of Jewels. The colors are all similar but different names.

I also love UD and have the Vice 4. UD has a new one coming out in about a week. Looks really good.