Honored Contributor

LADIES...HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW GARNIER CLEANSING WATER???

Good morning.  I typically stay away from Garnier due to all of the fragrances in many of their products.  I saw a new "cleansing water" at CVS that looks really interesting.  It comes in two varieties--one for waterproof makeup and just a basic one.

Has anyone tried these and if so...reviews?

I found a $2.00 off coupon near the display so it would be about $7.50.  I may be able to find cheaper elsewhere as well.

Thanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: LADIES...HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW GARNIER CLEANSING WATER???

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor

hi @winamac1

Thanks for the link and post. I have been on the look out fo this product- but have not been able to locate it, in PA, Hoping someone can provide a review

Honored Contributor

@MK in PA wrote:

hi @winamac1

Thanks for the link and post. I have been on the look out fo this product- but have not been able to locate it, in PA, Hoping someone can provide a review

I've only found at CVS. Let me know if you find elsewhere.

Contributor

I saw it at Walmart for $6.97.

Honored Contributor

@xstitch wrote:

I saw it at Walmart for $6.97.

Thanks.  It wasn't at my Walmart

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this from England a few months ago before it was available in the States. Previously I have used Bioderma, Dr. Jardt, Caudalie, Sephora brand, and Simple. In my opinion, the Garnier one is just as good as any of the others. I have been waiting for this to become available here. I did not know there was a waterproof one. That is the one I will look for. And Garnier is the brand I will stick with.

Now, while it may be just as good as the more expensive brands, I do not think any of them were useful for removing makeup thoroughly. I think it's probably more for a night where I'm just too tired to do the whole cleansing routine.

I use this to rinse my face in the morning sometimes, and in the shower sometimes to take off most of my eye makeup so it doesn't run in my eyes (I do not cleanse my face in the shower, I do that at my sink afterwards). I also keep some on my night table with a few cotton rounds next to it. Somtetimes I just like to freshen up my face while in bed and not have to get out of bed. And since this does not have to be rinsed off, that is a good thing for me.

I will not be using a cleansing water as my only makeup remover, but it does help to soften things up a bit or freshen my face in the morning.

Contributor

I have been using it for about a week. I really like it. I wear IT Celebration foundation and it does a good job removing it. Also great for eye makeup.

Regular Contributor

I just finished up a bottle of Bioderma and started the Garnier (regular version) and I don't see much difference between the two.  I found it at CVS a couple of weeks ago.  I use it to take most of my makeup off and then use a regular cleanser.  I don't use it for eye makeup removal.  I really like it as a first step and will continue to purchase the Garnier water.

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies.  I looked at Ulta and Walmart today to see if it was cheaper.  They didn't have it.  I'm going back tomorrow to get the "pink" label one.