Esteemed Contributor

L'oreal Rosy Tone Moisturizer

If there are already threads on this, I'm sorry to repeat.  I've seen the L'oreal Age Perfect Rosy (Peony?) Tone moisturizer in stores and advertisements.  I'm interested because I have a fair, colorless complexion -- and I seem to get more and more pale with every passing year.  I have to wear a moisturizer anyway, so one with a rosy glow interests me.

If any of you have used the L'oreal "Rosy" moisturizer, what do you think of it? 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Re: L'oreal Rosy Tone Moisturizer

I've almost used up almost a whole jar of it. Like it as a moisturizer but don't notice any of the "rosy glow" that initially interested me in buying it. I have fair to medium, pink toned skin. Maybe it just blended in and I can't see it? On a side note, it does have a fragrance. I don't smell it after I put it on, but someone who is sensitive to fragrance, may be bothered by it. Bottom line--good as a moisturizer but no benefit (at least to me) as a way to enhance a rosy skin glow.
Valued Contributor

I was given a sample of this and I burst out laughing when I tried it.  "Rosy tone" looked like bright pink on my skin. Honestly made me look like a clown. Also, the heavy fragrance was a big no for me because my skin doesn't react well to any perfumed skin products.  Into the trash the sample went! 

Respected Contributor

I won’t use L’Oréal (or Lancôme) face products because of the perfume. I don’t get why they do it

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I won’t use L’Oréal (or Lancôme) face products because of the perfume. I don’t get why they do it

@scatcat

I bought some items years ago and was impressed by their effectiveness, but I couldn't tolerate the fragrance.  And I'm not that sensitive to scented products!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

No I haven't used this brand,  but my all time fav moisturizer with a color and spf is Laura Mercier illuminating bb cream----It cost around $42 a tube but it lasts many months. Have tried other bb/cc creams and this brand is the best.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo  Don't use L'oreal due to animal testing,

Trusted Contributor

Cons from Beautypedia review:

Jar packaging means its most beneficial ingredients will lose potency over time.

Lackluster formula contains few ingredients skin needs for anti-aging results.
Contains fragrance, which can irritate skin.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo I bought some and it really didn’t impart much color or rosy tone on me. That said, it’s a pretty good moisturizer and, sometimes, that’s all I want. I like the smell and the smooth texture. I actually wish the rosy color was brighter on my skin. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using this off and on for the past few months. 

It's perfectly fine as a moisturizer; my skin is oily and even in the hot, humid summer it doesn't feel greasy or make my skin look like an oil slick.

I really LOVE the smell. IMO, it's fresh but not overpowering. I suppose if you're sensitive to smells you may not like it.

Does it make my skin 'rosy'? Not really. It DOES give it a nice low glow and I like to wear it on the days when I don't want to wear my usual face makeup.

Overall, I really like it.