Respected Contributor

L'ange 60mm Round Dryer/Styling Brush

I have seen some videos pop up on another media site for this product which is basically a large round brush with a blow drying mechanism to style your hair without the need to be pointing a blow dryer and using a round brush at the same time.

The girls demonstrating the brush really do seem to have added body and styling to their hair without that much effort.  Has anyone tried this brush?  I know other companies such as Revlon have a similar product, but this one from L'ange looks to be a nice appliance because it gently blows and dries the hair, it doesn't go flying all over the place.  Plus it really seems to lift the hair and give it ooomph (which is what I need) quite easily.

It is about $80.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Contributor

Re: L'ange 60mm Round Dryer/Styling Brush

I just discovered this company myself    Purchased quite a few of the hair products including this styler and the le duo hair straightner .   I also purchased quite a few of the hair products to apply before blow drying and am so impressed with the results.   Excellent quality.   By the way the purple shampoo and conditioner is amazing on colored or damaged hair.  Love

Honored Contributor

I have a brush similar to that L'ange. Mine is made by Revlon, called a One Step. These types of brush dryers are actually oval in design. That just makes the hair stay put around the barrel when you're using it. I love it. Revlon One Step cost about $40.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

I have used a Conair Spin Brush for about 10 years and love it.

Same idea, but the brush head revolves and smooths hair.

Many people are fearful it will get tangled up, but I've never had a problem.  I let my hair mostly dry, spray in a heat treatment and use my spin brush in large sections.

When I had my naturally curly hair "smoothed" it came out like silk using this brush.  Now, with all the humidity and I've stopped smoothing, it still does a nice job, but my hair will revert to curls and waves if I go outside.

I like it so much, I always keep a "back up" on hand.  It costs maybe $40 last time I bought.

Respected Contributor

I just bought this brush and I'm very impressed with it.  It's oval and about 3 inches across.  Their other brush is 4 inches, same as the Revlon size, and it's too big for my shoulder length hair.  I also have the Revlon.  I prefer the L'ange because it's smaller and I get more oomph.  The Revlon straightens my hair.  Also, the L'ange has a metal plate for more heat and the Revlon is plastic.  I don't use it on high heat, too hot.  It's fairly quiet and the handle is not as big.  I think it's also less weight.  I got it last week on sale for $71 and free shipping.

I also have the Conair rotating brush which I really like.  I do get more curl with this and it stays in longer.  There is a learning curve to it.  I have to do smaller sections and watch it carefully because it will take the last little bit on the roller and twist it.  Also, the brush wears out and you can't buy just a new brush.

So, the L'ange is my favorite, the Conair second, and Revlon last.  I have very thick curly hair.  I haven't tried their products yet.

Trusted Contributor

@Scooby Doo How does the low heat setting compare to the Revlon?  I have the Revlon and while it did a great job, it is way too hot even on low and it damaged my hair.  I've been wanting to dry a different brand but have been hesitant.  Sometimes the low heat setting just seems to mean that the air doesn't blow as strong, not that the heat is lower.

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Scooby Doo How does the low heat setting compare to the Revlon?  I have the Revlon and while it did a great job, it is way too hot even on low and it damaged my hair.  I've been wanting to dry a different brand but have been hesitant.  Sometimes the low heat setting just seems to mean that the air doesn't blow as strong, not that the heat is lower.

@lkat I feel that the Revlon runs hotter.  I've noticed that it get too hot near my face even on low setting.  High would definitely burn.