Honored Contributor

Re: L’Oreal True Match foundation

I purchased it a few years ago but found it had no "slip" and when I looked at myself in a 10 power mIrror, it was stuck in my pores. Actually, it is too opaque for me. I need a lighter foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know why they don't update the bottle with a pump. That eliminates it as an option for me.

Yup, even Angie Hot & Flashy youtube beauty influencer wishes that the L'Oreal True Match foundation came with a pump dispenser. She solved that problem by taking the pump dispenser from a bottle of The Ordinary foundation that she didn't like and moving the pump dispenser to the bottle of True Match foundation. She showed that on a recent youtube video where she does a get ready with me, the video is from May 29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyWKzh3Ynfk

Chatty Catty GRWM ~ Anastasia Soft Glam Tutorial!  

Go to the 33 second marker and the 2:44 marker of the video to see the pump dispenser she added to the bottle of the True Match foundation.

Honored Contributor

I tried it once but the shade I bought which I thought was correct oxidized on me. If I were to try it again, it would be an even lighter shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I used it for several years, but I mixed it with my SPF moisturizer so it went on more smoothly. It was a good match for my fair skin tone. The coverage and staying power were ok for my very oily skin. I decided several years ago to switch to tinted moisturizers with SPF and CC creams for a very natural barely there look on my skin. Btw I am in my 50s and still have oily skin. 

Honored Contributor

I have. Beyond the fact that none of the shades came close to being light enough, the foundation itself (I tested and wore the lightest shade during the summer so it being too dark was ok) on ME looked blotchy and my skin felt tight. Didn't matter how I applied it and how rich a moisturizer I used, the product didn't work for my skin type.