Honored Contributor

Re: L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift 10% Pure Vitamin C Serum review

@Texasmouse

I really can't offer you any brand suggestions for a MAP serum. But a few things to keep in mind when looking for a MAP serum are to look for one that is about a 10% concentration MAP and that it contains ferulic and also vit E, both help boost the C and not necessarily there as stabilizers. 

MAP is an esterified form of VC. So you might also look for 'ester-C'  or 'c-ester' in the ingredient deck or in the title on the bottle. That doesn't mean it will contain MAP, but it will contain a more stable form (ester) of VC and could instead contain SAP. 

Frequent Contributor

Google "SkinStore" .

Then search for a line called "The Ordinary"

They have good prices...I have used some of the products

Very, very nice.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Good suggestion @artisto, thank you. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

There's been some recent articles I've come across regarding another stable form of VC called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. It's oil-based/soluble. Might be an up and coming hot one. Although I don't know much about it,  I am intrigued. Dr, Perricone makes a VC serum containing it... Vitamin C Ester Brightening Serum. Has many excellent reviews. $40 

@Texasmouse

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's been some recent articles I've come across regarding another stable form of VC called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. It's oil-based/soluble. Might be an up and coming hot one. Although I don't know much about it,  I am intrigued. Dr, Perricone makes a VC serum containing it... Vitamin C Ester Brightening Serum. Has many excellent reviews. $40 

@Texasmouse

Interested in Dr. Perricone's VC serum. @SilleeMee Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee what do you think of The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Solution 10%? It's got Vitamin E in it but no ferulic acid and it's cheap!

Or this one? The Ordinary Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% TIA!

(I prefer a water-based product to an oil-based)

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee what do you think of The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Solution 10%? It's got Vitamin E in it but no ferulic acid and it's cheap!

Or this one? The Ordinary Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% TIA!

(I prefer a water-based product to an oil-based)

I'm not familiar with that ethylated VC. But I have seen several recommendations here for The Ordinary MAP serum.  I would try that one for starters.  Seems the reviews are all over the place with that one but since it's so affordable you could just give it try. Woman Happy @Texasmouse

Respected Contributor

Yeah, since it's so cheap, I don't have much to lose. Thanks @SilleeMee Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome Woman Happy @Texasmouse. I hope you can find something that will work for you. Let me ask...are your skin concerns about hyperpigmentation? ...or something else?