Respected Contributor

L’Occitane almond shower oil- usage

I ordered this and I’m not even sure why, someone on the tv must have convinced me. Anyway I’m unclear is this a product you wash with ot you use it after washing as a treatment? Thanks for your advice if you have used it before.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: L’Occitane almond shower oil- usage

@Grouchomarx  This is one of my favorite products, especially in the winter when skin gets so dry.  Use it in the shower for bathing.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I don’t think there’s a wrong way to use it. I shower first, then pour some oil in my hands, rub my hands together and slather it all over me.  I then do a very quick rinse.  I agree, @SXMGirl, I love this stuff, and it smells wonderful. 

Super Contributor

Description

This L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil transforms into a delicate foam that gently cleanses the body. Enriched with almond oil, it leaves a subtle scent of fresh almond.

How do I use it: Apply to skin in the shower or bath. Lather with water, cleanse, and rinse. Create a thick lather to use as a shaving base or pour a few drops into a bath for a hydrating soak.

From L'Occitane.

Includes:
  • 8.4-fl oz Almond Shower Oil
  • Imported
Honored Contributor

I love L'occitane---but my fave is the body oil---my BFF sent me a care package when I was going thru chemo and I used that on myself at night and it was wonderful. Love the scent and it soothed my worried mind. Have the shower gel too. And the handcream is nice as well. I think I bought the big 16oz bag of the shower gel from Nordstrom for under $30 

Honored Contributor

Their almond has the best smell ever! I love it....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this shower oil. for my dry skin. I use mine as a shower cleanser but have also used as a hand soap. 

Respected Contributor

I guess I have never washed my body with an oil before, so it seems weird to me to use only that and not regular soap before the oil. I will have to try it and see how it works.  

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I guess I have never washed my body with an oil before, so it seems weird to me to use only that and not regular soap before the oil. I will have to try it and see how it works.  

It won't make your tub slippery either. For years I was afraid to try this because I thought I would be slipping and sliding in the tub. 

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

It won't make your tub slippery either. For years I was afraid to try this because I thought I would be slipping and sliding in the tub. 

Thanks that's good to know. I tried using that Josie Maran argan oil sugar scrub in my tub and it was a slippery death trap afterwards!