Honored Contributor

I LOVE the smell of almonds, but have never tried this brand.  I'm a beauty product junkie, so I can only imagine I'd love this.  Any L'Occitane users out there who care to share your thoughts about the brand?  It sounds like a great price (albeit I have to pay $16.71 for shipping).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Love the brand, not crazy about the almond. But most people who like this brand do love this. I just tried the shower oil and it doesn't soap up enough for me and I just don't care for the smell.

Occasional Contributor
You will love it. All L'occitane products are wonderful.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your feedback @Renata22.  I'm glad you included feedback regardig the suds factor.  

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Renata22 

I don't like it either.  They used to have a line of rose scented bath and body stuff I liked.

For a great product: lather, smell, feel  etc.  try Molton Brown bath products .  I've used them now for about 25 years and LOVE them.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife   I like many loccitane products but not all of them. I’d suggest you look at the ingredients closely as they often use lots of dimethicone ( which I personally don’t like) and some shampoos/cleansers use sodium laurel sulfates etc. I love some of their soap, immortelle youth oil, etc.  the almond line smells great and the hand lotion and soap bar is particularly nice.  Their site often has sales and free shipping but I don’t know if it’s limited to the mainland. If you like the ingredient list I suspect you’d be pleased with products. 

Regular Contributor

It is always a matter of preference and how a fragrance works with your body chemistry.  I really love the almond fragrance.  I have used it for several years.  I especially enjoy the hand cream which is a nice choice for summer months since it is much lighter than the 20% shea butter hand cream.  At this price, it is a wonderful buy.  I purchased my products directly from L'Occitone when QVC wasn't offering them.  They were quite expensive.  QVC's pricing is hard to beat. 

Valued Contributor

Re: L'Occitane Q2 Big Deal

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

I LOVE the smell of almonds, but have never tried this brand.  I'm a beauty product junkie, so I can only imagine I'd love this.  Any L'Occitane users out there who care to share your thoughts about the brand?  It sounds like a great price (albeit I have to pay $16.71 for shipping).

@SurferWife   Love L'Occitane, especially their lavender scent, can't speak to the almonds though.  May I suggest that you check Amazon for availabilty and cost before making this purchase.  Just a thought.  I'm finding that QVC's pricing is not always the best deal in town especially when you factor in shipping cost and now the extended time frame for shipping.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I’m thinking I’m going to pass due to the shipping cost. I appreciate y’all taking the time to share your opinions! Aloha!!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife I really like L’Occitane products and always keep an eye out for QVC specials on them. Their prices can’t be beat, especially for some of L’Occitane’s best sellers (which L’Occitane almost never puts on sale). I got some of the almond shower oil as part of a special, but it’s not one of my favorites. I’m sensitive to fragrance and, even though the almond scent isn’t overwhelming, it’s stronger than I like for a shower. Also, it doesn’t lather up. Instead of using it in the shower, I keep a bottle at the kitchen sink for hand-washing when I’m cooking as repeated washing with regular soap really dries my hands and I can tolerate the almond scent for hand-washing.

Since the S&H to Hawaii is so high, I‘d recommend seeing if you can find L’Occitane products at a store/vendor near you. They frequently give samples with a purchase or run “gift with purchase” promotions that include the almond products. Their Shea butter hand cream is wonderful and the smaller tubes are great to keep in your purse. It’s a good way to try it and maybe you’ll get an almond product to sample.