Super Contributor

L'Occitane 5 pc. collection of hand cream

I am thinking of this as a gift (QVC). I have never used this brand, but it seems to have high reviews. Does anyone know about this? BTW, how do you pronounce the brand? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: L'Occitane 5 pc. collection of hand cream

I love L'Occitane hand cream.  The only thing I don't like about the original shea butter hand cream is that it smells like baby powder.  But the cream feels great and moisturizes well.  It can feel a little greasy for the first few minutes you have it on, but then it sinks in.  I've heard the pronunciation two different ways, so I can't say for sure which is correct.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

try--loxy-tawn-

and yes I love that brand. In fact got a bottle of the body milk in the almond, the other day,  as a b-day gift from a friend. She and her DD got me a care package that had the body oil in it and few other things when I was going thru chemo. It was such  wonderful thing to put that on after a shower and before bed during those dark days. Was very soothing and yummy smelling. I also have the big 16oz of the shower gel too.

Respected Contributor

I tried it before, and the hand cream feels a little too heavy for me.  I prefer the Ahava hand cream, which is lighter.  For gifting body or hand creams, I don't like to spend a lot on prestige brands, unless if I know for sure that the recipient will use it.  So, I usually just order them from the Body Shop. They have quality product for a very reasonable price.

Respected Contributor

They are only okay to me but I have family members who love them.  QVC usually has a big set around Christmas (maybe 8 or 10 in a set) that I usually order and then break them up for Christmas gifts.