Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom   This is the first time I ever heard that Kylie made lipsticks when she was 14.  You cannot blame a person for being born into wealth.  If you don't like the person because of her family that is your right.  There seems to be so much bitterness against this family so if you don't like them, then do not buy their products.  There are plenty of people that will.

They're just not very likable in my opinion. They don't seem to want to be liked either. So I do my best to ignore them.

The Kylie makeup was all produced by ColorPop, with her name on it, so she didn't mix up any lipstick ever. It was one of a kabillion brand deals.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom   This is the first time I ever heard that Kylie made lipsticks when she was 14.  You cannot blame a person for being born into wealth.  If you don't like the person because of her family that is your right.  There seems to be so much bitterness against this family so if you don't like them, then do not buy their products.  There are plenty of people that will.

They're just not very likable in my opinion. They don't seem to want to be liked either. So I do my best to ignore them.

The Kylie makeup was all produced by ColorPop, with her name on it, so she didn't mix up any lipstick ever. It was one of a kabillion brand deals.

LOL! that is how its done..Do you think Laura Geller and Mally are in the  lab mixing up lipsticks?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kylie Skin is Coming

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

LOL! that is how its done..Do you think Laura Geller and Mally are in the  lab mixing up lipsticks?

I've learned a lot about how it is done, thanks. I think you must have misunderstood. I was responding to someone else who mentioned the idea of Kylie mixing lipgloss at 14.

Cosmetic company founders like Dimitri James (at least at the smaller brands) are generally much more involved in product development than celebrities who license their name to private label manufacturers. So yes, I think Laura Geller is (or was, back when she started her company) much more involved in formulating her lipsticks than any Kardashian would be. Kardashians have experience being made up by professionals. Laura Geller has experience professionally making up people and a lifetime in the industry. No comparison. Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker   This one is for you.  You made me laugh so back at you.   Kylie said,  "Kendall is the hot plate working?  Hand me that large pot over in the corner.  I have to start mixing the colors together to create that perfect pout."    "This beats working in the kitchen at least we have privacy in our bedroom."   Cat LOL

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

She's getting a lot of flack online about the walnut face scrub.  

Respected Contributor
LOL, They are great at making money. In my opinion that is there only asset. Don't shoot me though! Just and opinion.😁
Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

I guess if I were a 13 year old girl this might be exciting.  However, I'm not 13 so I'll skip that show. 

Respected Contributor
I must add she will make a lot of money!
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 - I don't really have anything against them! I watched Kim and Rob on Dancing with the Stars. As I said I just wish they wouldn't pretend they did everything by their hard work when there are others involved!

I think Kylie started her line with liquid lipsticks. My friend owns a gift shop. She was given a lot of these years ago for test marketing. She would give one to customers as a gift with purchase when they spent a certain amount. She doesn't usually carry any makeup lines, but she does have Inis and Beekman and a few local soap makers and candle makers. 

So DD and I tried them. They were OK. DD said they were very similar to one of the trendy lines right now - maybe Morphe or Colourpop? I can ask her tomorrow. 

I do think Kylie does a lot with the production now, but it didn't start out that way. She shouldn't pretend she did it by herself from the beginning!

She's also coming out with a skin care line and maybe a baby line. I can see why QVC would want her. It will be interesting to see if our daughters and granddaughters will go on QVC to buy her products

It's good to know if Kylie's line is not right for me, there is always Kim's!  Smiley Wink