Valued Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner's Lipstick Color - Nude/Brown - very 90's, what does everyone think?

I'm not bashing but I wish this trend was NOT tied to her name.

That said, I like it. I guess I didn't realize it was a 90's thing. These are the kind of the colors I have always worn. Maybe a little more mauvy for me, less brown.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner's Lipstick Color - Nude/Brown - very 90's, what does everyone think?

I always wear nude/brown color lipsticks. I have been wearing these type of colors for many years.

Super Contributor

She probably has to do all sorts of unusual things for her job and doesn't even pay attention to it. My Mom always used to say that it all comes around again. Remember the early 1900 ankle boots they called shoes? They came back in the 90's and I'm sure all of it eventually will. Classic never fails. Clean, fresh colors and styles that are attractive on the individual. less is more as far as makeup goes I believe and the less you wear the more natural, the better you tend to look. Trend, fad etc is just useless.

Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 susan25 said:

I always wear nude/brown color lipsticks. I have been wearing these type of colors for many years.

Me too. Once way back in the 70's I did the green and blue eye shadow color since my Mom told me to and bought all my make-up from Avon. After that short period of time I just concentrated on earth tones for eyes and lips. 80's, 90's, or 2015 +++ who cares as long as I like it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 scatcat said: I love Kylie's lip color and wear it everyday. Rimmel Kate Moss 14 (I saw #8 mentioned, which has a little more pink). For me, perfect color.

I love Kylie's lip color too. I like to wear lighter shades and always have from the time I started wearing lipstick. I love light pinks, nudes and mauves very much. I never wear red, orange or mahogany colors. Dark lips just do not go with my skin at all.

I use and LOVE both Kate Moss 14 and 8. The Kate Moss lipsticks are very, very nice.

Valued Contributor

Lisa called: She wants her lip liner back.

Honored Contributor

Love, love the colors. As another poster mentioned, I'd use a gloss on top, as those lips look very dry (to me).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I love these richer deeper nudes! So much better than the ""foundation lip"" look that makes everyone look dead.
Super Contributor

A great dup for the nude lip is l""Oreal Natures Nude.

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 Karena said:

She's had her entire face re-done already.

I thought she looked a lot different recently. I remember in the past thinking how thin her lips were.....well, not anymore! The nose has been done, & her face shape looks different, too.