Honored Contributor

Kylie Cosmetics Valentine Collection

Cute packaging, but looks like she may be marketing towards a younger crowd on this collection - or maybe not.  I've never worn any of her makeup.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kylie Cosmetics Valentine Collection

I tend to steer away from most celebrity lines. AND I figure almost all cosmetics are marketed to anyone younger than me! LOL! Very cute though.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Cute, but not for me. I'll let the younger crowd increase her fortune. 

Valued Contributor

The packaging reminds me of Hello Kitty items.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn’t intentionally give that family any money.
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal - I won't consider anything by her because of the way she takes credit for other's work. I'm even OK with her slapping her name on something, but at least be involved a little, and give others the credit they deserve - like say "my team," or use "we" once in a while. SHE has become a billionaire because of her name. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now! And I apologize to anyone who is a fan and whom I've offended.  

I have a friend who owns a small gift store in another state. Before Kylie cosmetics were in stores, she received samples of her lipstick. I guess her marketing department was sending them to small stores so customers would "know" the brand when it did debut (?) I don't understand marketing!

Anyway my friend gave one as a gift with purchase to her customers who spent a certain amount. Finally she was putting them in everyone's bags! I tried two and wasn't impressed. The colors were wrong for me and they didn't stay on. My makeup obsessed DD wasn't impressed either.

This collection looks like it is targeting teens and 20-somethings, but that has never stopped me. LOL. I would be interested in the eye palette if it was another brand. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

This collection looks like it is targeting teens

Most makeup I see on Trendmood1 looks like it's targeted 

to teens or younger.

Honored Contributor

i thought she was pretty much ALWAYS  marketing to the younger generation? teens, 20s, 30s?

its a cute collection. more power to her!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I agree "cute" is the word that comes to mind.  Like what I would have given my daughter to play with back in the day.  Of course, not at these probably stiff prices. 

Honored Contributor

What makes her makeup any more special than Maybelline or Bonnie bell?