Trusted Contributor

Re: Kristofer Buckle Products

I’ve been using his blush for several months and I love it. It lasts until I take it off at night. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

I don't care who he makes up - none of his things entice me! And I don't like his methods, either.

Harpa, what do you mean by “his methods?”  Do you mean the way he applies the makeup? If so, what does he do different?

@Phantom41  I’ve watched him several times and still don’t agree w/ matching foundation to chest....That said, if foundation is correct shade for your face, as it should be, you would not have to apply to ears and pull some down on to neck to make it all blend.

It’s so much easier to get a good match and use a little bronzer to warm up complexion, if needed, to come close to neck color...only necessary anyway in low cut tops.

No ones body is the same color head to toe....😏

Oh ok, I guess I’ve never watched an entire presentation. I caught the lipstick demo this time and decided to try it out because I don’t have enough lipsticks already!

Yes, it was what @Shanus wrote. Not what I see as a foundation application that you could use every day. (Maybe for print photography.) I guess my idea of "foundation" is to hide the flaws, not to mask everything.

Also, instead of light being in the center of the face, he puts blush down the center of the nose. Also, his hairline applications - they look too heavy & unnatural to me.

However, I can't argue w/ his eye liner technique, but that's nothing new. Also, I like his dimensional brow, if only to get away from that drawn on look.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom: good prices on KB today!

My backordered fair/cool vanity kit is finally on the way. The set I have is going back; foundation is too dark. Love the eye liner, like the mascara- wish it wore better. Bought both multi sets on Monday- well priced. I liked the stick foundation, I just need the right color. I am hitting pan on my Eve Pearl blush- will consider trying KB's.

I have ordered makeup on ebay from trusted sellers- never a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

I don't care who he makes up - none of his things entice me! And I don't like his methods, either.

Harpa, what do you mean by “his methods?”  Do you mean the way he applies the makeup? If so, what does he do different?

@Phantom41  I’ve watched him several times and still don’t agree w/ matching foundation to chest....That said, if foundation is correct shade for your face, as it should be, you would not have to apply to ears and pull some down on to neck to make it all blend.

It’s so much easier to get a good match and use a little bronzer to warm up complexion, if needed, to come close to neck color...only necessary anyway in low cut tops.

No ones body is the same color head to toe....😏

Oh ok, I guess I’ve never watched an entire presentation. I caught the lipstick demo this time and decided to try it out because I don’t have enough lipsticks already!

Yes, it was what @Shanus wrote. Not what I see as a foundation application that you could use every day. (Maybe for print photography.) I guess my idea of "foundation" is to hide the flaws, not to mask everything.

Also, instead of light being in the center of the face, he puts blush down the center of the nose. Also, his hairline applications - they look too heavy & unnatural to me.

However, I can't argue w/ his eye liner technique, but that's nothing new. Also, I like his dimensional brow, if only to get away from that drawn on look.

@Harpa  Brow technique ✅, eye lining (more tightlining) ✅, but changing hairines w/ powder & cream? ❎

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom I just saw this post and was wondering if you had the opportunity to watch his presentation this past Mon., 1/16.  He had a 1 day only of his mascara duo but they presently have the same configuration at a slightly higher price.  Hope you got the 1 day only though because it also was offered with free shipping!

I like many of his items but I agree, especially his mascara.  Very, very good in my opinion.  Hope you grab(bed) it!!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@beach-mom I just saw this post and was wondering if you had the opportunity to watch his presentation this past Mon., 1/16.  He had a 1 day only of his mascara duo but they presently have the same configuration at a slightly higher price.  Hope you got the 1 day only though because it also was offered with free shipping!

I like many of his items but I agree, especially his mascara.  Very, very good in my opinion.  Hope you grab(bed) it!!

@fitfuninformed - I didn't get to watch him at all, but I DID get the ODO! Thank you to you and @beautyemma for mentioning it too. 

I also ordered the warming powder based on @mimi5775's recommendation. AND I stocked up on the brow duo and the power setting spray, which are both favorites of mine. I'm one who just doesn't have luck with his lip colors. They are beautiful and look great on, but they don't last long!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I’ve never tried his products but I have noticed when he does Jane Treacy’s makeup he takes ten years off her face. She looks lovely; so much softer and vibrant. I’m not sure if it’s the makeup or his application technique.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa, I never understand putting any makeup on the neck or chest. Goodness my clothes would be a total mess! Dr. Denese always says to put her tinted SPF down your neck. Not everyone wears plunging neckline tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

beach-mom wrote:

I really like his line, but I wish QVC would offer more choices.

I love his mascara, but I don't need another black eyeliner, Right now, you can get these only in the set. 

I got his entire line the first time he was on, so I don't need another complete set right now.

QVC is the only place to buy his products. Does anyone else know somewhere else I can look? I've never ordered makeup from eBay, and I'm not sure I want to!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom It's to be expected that a brand new makeup line is only going to have a few product initially regardless of how well known and respected the founder is in the industry.  If the sales warrant investing in expanding the line to include more items and colors within existing products, you can be sure the QVC buyers will be all over helping Kristopher deliver more products to Q customers.  

Mally came to QVC with only a handful of bulletproof products (one mascara, one eyeliner, a one long lasting lipgloss, foundation, and a couple colors in her eyeshadow sticks. It debuted with only Bye-Bye Undereye Concealer.  Although Laura Geller operated a full makeup boutique in NYC when she came to QVC it was to primarily hawk her little kit which was cased in a makeup bag that was designed to look like a Yellow Cab. She was on for a couple of years before she started bringing in the Baked products and other items from her boutique.  BareMineals was one of the few lines which debuted on QVC with a full collection of makeup, and back in 1995 even their lineup wasn't the extensive variety of products and colors they were asked to bring in for QVC during the height of their popularity in the late 90s/early 2000s.  

Just a sidebar note to add: I'm so glad that Mally no longer uses the phrase bulletproof with great frequency.  I live in Chicago, which in recent years as news followers know has the highest murder rate (mostly gun violence) in the country.  That phrase being used with humor to describe makeup was a turn off for me to buy anything from Mally.  Since I noticed that there seemed to be an effort to use other descriptions to make the claim of how long lasting the makeup is, I've returned as an occasional customer.  

Trusted Contributor

Glad you got it!   BTW, please do come on here and let us all know about the warming powder - it looked interesting but wasn't sure if I could get the same effect with any ordinary bronzer with a lighter hand, so DO TELL!

I'm a fan of his brow product as well, although many others with the same concept, his succeeds with a much more natural look than the others.