Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kristals Cosmetics--Kris Jenner and I both use them!

$200 for a skin cleanser!!!   ARe you serious???  no wonder the salesperson had to stand outside and drag people in!   THey would have to hogtie and gag me to get me to spend that much on a cleanser.

Valued Contributor

Re: Kristals Cosmetics--Kris Jenner and I both use them!

UPDATE!!

It's been several weeks that I have been using the new cleanser and I have to say I do like it.  I found alternating it with the Sisley milk cleanser is working best for the redness and irritation, however.  And I am still not used to the odd smell.

And seeing the recent photo of Kris I do think her skin looks amazing!!

I know the place that sells the cleanser does a special kind of facial that's like $500.  They tried to get me to do that too when I bought the cleanser but I resisted.  However, from what the sales person told me Kris gets that done regularly!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 10.25.54 AM.png

Respected Contributor

Re: Kristals Cosmetics--Kris Jenner uses it too!

@Swissguy, I am truly glad for you that you are comfortable enough to drop that much on a cleanser. All I can do is look at that figure and think that's one bladder aspiration plus a case of Critical Nutrition for my little tuxedo.

But I'mreally writing to suggest caution in making assumptions of causality with the celebrity connection. The photo you posted shows a woman with what looks like very nice skin. But how did she get that skin? Was it genes? Products? And if so, which ones? Was it procedures in the doctor's office? Surgical help? A combination of all or some? We do not know. We don't even know how much of what we're seeing is good skin and how much of it is great makeup.

No one but she is going to know how she came by those results, and even she may not be able to puzzle it out. I think it is pure wishful thinking to attribute her pretty skin to any product, much less a cleanser.

Respected Contributor

A cleanser does not stay on the skin that long.??? I would maybe pay that much for a whole system but never for a cleanser. KJ does not impress me anyway, no matter what she looks like? She actually is a turn off for promoting a product to me. JMO

Super Contributor

LOL wouldn't be surprised if she uses it because the name starts with a K.

That family loves Ks

Valued Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

LOL wouldn't be surprised if she uses it because the name starts with a K.

That family loves Ks

They also like Hermes and Rolls Royce!! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Swissguy, I am truly glad for you that you are comfortable enough to drop that much on a cleanser. All I can do is look at that figure and think that's one bladder aspiration plus a case of Critical Nutrition for my little tuxedo.

But I'mreally writing to suggest caution in making assumptions of causality with the celebrity connection. The photo you posted shows a woman with what looks like very nice skin. But how did she get that skin? Was it genes? Products? And if so, which ones? Was it procedures in the doctor's office? Surgical help? A combination of all or some? We do not know. We don't even know how much of what we're seeing is good skin and how much of it is great makeup.

No one but she is going to know how she came by those results, and even she may not be able to puzzle it out. I think it is pure wishful thinking to attribute her pretty skin to any product, much less a cleanser.

If a celebrity like Kris uses something it does act as a kind of small kind of endorsement to me--thanking she could use anything really.  That said it's a small part of everything--since I  realize she has had a lot of work done and also what may work for her as a 60 year old women maybe totally different then what would work for me as a much younger guy!!

So I guess I do really agree with everything you're saying with that above caveat!! 

Respected Contributor

I have rosacea so sensitive skin care is a must for me....I would recommend Paula's Choice Earth Sourced cleansing gel...I love this product removes my foundation and aslo is very gentle.  I order it online from her website...a bottle last me at least 4 months or more.  They offer a return policy so you are not stuck with it and it is very reasonably priced....no where near the $200 you paid for this other line.  HTH

Valued Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I have rosacea so sensitive skin care is a must for me....I would recommend Paula's Choice Earth Sourced cleansing gel...I love this product removes my foundation and aslo is very gentle.  I order it online from her website...a bottle last me at least 4 months or more.  They offer a return policy so you are not stuck with it and it is very reasonably priced....no where near the $200 you paid for this other line.  HTH

Thank you! I will check it out Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Update!! 

After several weeks I am still really enjoying the cleanser! The really good thing is that you need very little of it each time!! So in the end while super expensive-- it's lasting a really long time!!  Smiley LOL