Respected Contributor

I tried self tanners years ago and hated the smell more than anything.  I never found one that really looked natural.  I got a sample of self tanner in the Korres TSV a while back.  Yesterday I decided to try it.  It is a little hard to spread as it dries really fast.  It does have a tint but once you start spreading it is hard to see the tint.  It had a nice smell which I liked and no self tanner smell at first.  However, as the day progressed the self tanner smell raised its ugly head.  The more the day went on, the worse it got.  The color is not horrible but very light and just a funny tint on my legs.  It was not even either. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Korres self tanner serum

@chicletThanks for your review. 

I bought but haven't tried it yet. The directions say to exfoliate, moisturize then apply.  I usually try it on my stomach first since no one but me will see it LOL

I'm not sure when I'll feel like trying it. I'm going to cancel auto delivery right now, for sure.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@chicletThanks for your review. 

I bought but haven't tried it yet. The directions say to exfoliate, moisturize then apply.  I usually try it on my stomach first since no one but me will see it LOL

I'm not sure when I'll feel like trying it. I'm going to cancel auto delivery right now, for sure.

You said that about rubbing some on your stomach and I remembered I did that too.  I just went and looked and there is nothing there.  We are all different and there were a lot of good reviews so you may love it.  
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the sample with  my order recently and I tried it.  But I tried it without mixing it with some moisturizer and it didnt look so good on me. once i tried mixing it, it looked nice and looked more natural. i always have to mix my sunless tanner that way or it is too dark and fake.  like so much the texture of this serum! wish all tanner was a serum like it.

Respected Contributor

The sample that was sent in the Korres TSV settled in the folds of my inner arm by the elbow  when I tried it on my arms .I tossed the sample.

Honored Contributor

My question is, is there really a self tanner that does not have that horrible smell, that is what I hate the most. 

Respected Contributor

The Korres smelled really good. Josie Maran tanning oil smells very nice too.

Respected Contributor

I got the sample as well.  Terrible smell and strange color.  Glad I didn't purchase the large one.

Respected Contributor

Agree - I tried this too.  But then,  I have never found a self tanner that didn't smell awful eventually - if not immediately.

Trusted Contributor

I also received the sample, tried it and liked it, then bought the full size.  I like it very much!  It doesn't have an odor to me, neither when I first apply it or later on.  I develops into a very nice color on my light/medium cool toned skin and gradually fades after several days.

I did have a bit of a learning curve in learning how to use it.  I first exfoliate in my bath with my Salux cloth.  The first time I used it I moisturized first with my Beekman body cream, which was too heavy to put the serum over it.  The next time I used a lighter lotion, and the serum went on perfectly.  I then used my Beekman the following day.

I have been happier with this self tanner than I have any others in the many years of trying them!