Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,064
Registered: ‎12-28-2012

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@Mistic wrote:

Hi - I'm interested in trying the Korres Violet shower gel and lotion.  Is this scent new?  I can't fnd any reviews on it.  I also am interested in the Jasmine scent.  That one does have reviews.

 

I don't know much of anything about Korres, so any info or thoughts on these would be appreciated.  Looking for a soft floral scent.   Thank You.  


Korres launched the Violet scent in their December Today Special. There are several reviews listed on it and the original video explaining the set. I didn't buy it because I still had several mini lotions from prior year. I found it was still listed on their site: 

Korres Ultimate Hydration 12-piece Blockbuster Set

639-150
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,064
Registered: ‎12-28-2012

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN

I have tried multiple scents in their Olive Oil line. To my skin, these body creams soak in so much faster and easier than their other body butters. In their presentations they often say it's like a serum cream consistency. It's lighter but does a great job moisturizing!!

 

During these harsh winter dry months, I've switched to using Korres shower gels. I can tell a difference that they aren't drying my skin like other brands. The other brands will be used in humid Summer. 

 

I wish they had the new Lime Olive Oil scent in the TS. That scent launched recently and sounds like it's a great pick me up citrus scent. I have been curious about the Bergamot scent and that's an option in the TS...debating about it....I wish I had received the sample of the apple. I'm not a big apple scent fan so I don't think I will try it. 

 

I agree with all of you Guava Mango lovers!! That scent is amazing!!!! To me, it's fruity but not a sickening sweet mango. Still has a fresh clean edge to it. I had loved their previous scent of Mango Papaya which I assume has been permanently replaced by this new guava. Also, I think this body cream is slightly different than others. It soaks in easily for me. Some of their butters seem like they take forever to rub in. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,084
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN

Thanks for the review. I had bought Perlier Olive Oil in everything. And then either HSN stopped carying it or Perlier stopped making it. The story of my consuming. As soon as I use something regularly I can't get it anymore.

 

So when I run out of Perlier, I will try Korres.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,457
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@iwrite I might just have to crack open the Guava Mango!  I could use calming and relaxing.  :-)  I too have quite a bit of older product to open -- Perlier and Philosophy.  I usually open a variey of older and new ones depending on my mood.  Also, I sometimes like to open something new right away so if I don't like it, I can return it, although I usually do keep most. 

 

By the way, I finally opened the Olive Oil & Apple Sample - - like it but don't love the scent, so I don't think I'm going to purchase this one in the full size, even if it is a TS.  But might try something else in the Olive Oil line -- we shall see what is offered.


 

LOL @sueinsf,

 

you sound like me. i have some philosophy and josie to use up also. i'm working on it.

exactly, i open one old and one new. the new scent gives me motivation to hurry the you know what up and finish the old.    to help in this process, earlier today, i ordered the 3 pack of guava mango body butter.

 

 

like you i'm not purchasing the olive oil tsv either. i only ordered the other olive oil shower gel last month to see if it makes a difference (compared to the regular korres shower gel) in the winter. i'm waiting for the yoghurt in the larger size this summer or whenever it comes out. for all i know, it could come out on the same the olive oil tsv airs.

 

if you haven't already, crack open the guava mango, as the 3 pack of body butter is on sale. my guess is it will be the first of the 3 packs to sell out, like it did last summer, when it debuted. the 3 pack is only something like $3 or $4 more than a 2 pack.

 

i am hoping that since this is a korres anniversary, that there will be some good deals across their product line.


@iwrite Ok, you convinced me!  I opened the Mango Guava yesterday.  I'm not sure if I would call it calming but VERY fruity.  I got a lot of Mango in the shower gel.  Liked it MUCH better than the Papaya Mango but I know it was the Papaya I wasn't fond of, so I figured I would like this one.  Will have to use a few more times to get a better feel for it.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,457
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@FindingMyJoy wrote:

 

I wish they had the new Lime Olive Oil scent in the TS. That scent launched recently and sounds like it's a great pick me up citrus scent. I have been curious about the Bergamot scent and that's an option in the TS...debating about it....I wish I had received the sample of the apple. I'm not a big apple scent fan so I don't think I will try it. 

 


@FindingMyJoy  If it was offered in the Lime, I might have been tempted.  This is the one I just opened and I'm quite liking it.  I'm also curious about the Bergamot scent and I'll be interested to hear Liz's description but it does sound citrusy, so I would probably like that one too.  Just not sure I need double the quantity of something I've not yet tried, even if it is a good price.  We'll see if she convinces me...lol.  Now, if it was ONE set of Lime and ONE set of Bergamot, that would have been better!!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,064
Registered: ‎12-28-2012

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@drizzellla wrote:

Thanks for the review. I had bought Perlier Olive Oil in everything. And then either HSN stopped carying it or Perlier stopped making it. The story of my consuming. As soon as I use something regularly I can't get it anymore.

 

So when I run out of Perlier, I will try Korres.


I'm also a Perlier fan. Their olive oil line has a great clean, spa scent. I remember hearing Skip say in a presentation last year that in 2019 there would be something big coming for their Olive Oil line! No other hint what that means...if they are expanding the line or maybe a great today special. So keep an eye out for their next visits to see if something from this line pops up!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 755
Registered: ‎01-11-2019

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I have tried multiple scents in their Olive Oil line. To my skin, these body creams soak in so much faster and easier than their other body butters. In their presentations they often say it's like a serum cream consistency. It's lighter but does a great job moisturizing!!

 

During these harsh winter dry months, I've switched to using Korres shower gels. I can tell a difference that they aren't drying my skin like other brands. The other brands will be used in humid Summer. 

 

I wish they had the new Lime Olive Oil scent in the TS. That scent launched recently and sounds like it's a great pick me up citrus scent. I have been curious about the Bergamot scent and that's an option in the TS...debating about it....I wish I had received the sample of the apple. I'm not a big apple scent fan so I don't think I will try it. 

 

I agree with all of you Guava Mango lovers!! That scent is amazing!!!! To me, it's fruity but not a sickening sweet mango. Still has a fresh clean edge to it. I had loved their previous scent of Mango Papaya which I assume has been permanently replaced by this new guava. Also, I think this body cream is slightly different than others. It soaks in easily for me. Some of their butters seem like they take forever to rub in. 


 

apparently, i was asleep when the mango papaya scent came out. i never heard of it until the guava mango came out last summer. sometimes i scare myself LOL

thank you for saying that you love the guava mango. i can sit in the tub all day with that scent. true, it is not that sickening sweet.

 

i don't know if the mango papaya has been discontinued. it could be that they could not get a specific ingredient. liz has said that when they can't get an ingredient, they won't make the scent, so it is possible that some time in the future the papaya will be back.

 

are you saying that the guava mango body butter soaks in easier or faster then other scents? if so, yippee! and thanks for letting me know.

 

i have never tried/used any serum, so i don't know about it's consistency.

 

in general, the korres body butter goes on easier then other brands that i have tried. i suspect that at least some of it has to do with the fact that it is not weighted down with all of those chemicals, that many other brands have.

 

i ordered the 3 pack of guava mango body butter yesterday. i missed it last summer when it came out with the shower gel with the pump.

 

the one that takes longer for me to rub in is the yoghurt, but it is the most or one of the most moisturizing body butters and shower gels that korres offers. in addition to that, i like that it doesn't have a scent. there are times when i just want the moisture and don't want to smell anything - if that makes sense. yoghurt is my winter go to. i do sneak in some guava mango though - smile

 

i am hoping that they create the yoghurt as a body butter spray. i truly will not know how to act. LOL

 

i am sorry that the olive oil scent that you like isn't part of the tsv. maybe if the tsv sells out or comes close to selling out, the lime olive oil will be a one day only.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 755
Registered: ‎01-11-2019

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@sueinsf wrote:


@iwrite Ok, you convinced me!  I opened the Mango Guava yesterday.  I'm not sure if I would call it calming but VERY fruity.  I got a lot of Mango in the shower gel.  Liked it MUCH better than the Papaya Mango but I know it was the Papaya I wasn't fond of, so I figured I would like this one.  Will have to use a few more times to get a better feel for it.


 

oh darn @sueinsf 

 

i had hoped that you would find the guava mango calming while sitting in the tub, having a glass of wine. maybe you picked the wrong type of wine  smile

 

i am happy that you like it better then the papaya mango, which seems like i am the only one that never knew it existed - LOL hopefully, it will grow on you.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 755
Registered: ‎01-11-2019

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN

 

@World Traveler 

 

i am shocked that you haven't posted in this thread yet, as it seems wherever i go, there you are (smile)

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,457
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Korres Pure Greek Olive Cream - HSN


@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:


@iwrite Ok, you convinced me!  I opened the Mango Guava yesterday.  I'm not sure if I would call it calming but VERY fruity.  I got a lot of Mango in the shower gel.  Liked it MUCH better than the Papaya Mango but I know it was the Papaya I wasn't fond of, so I figured I would like this one.  Will have to use a few more times to get a better feel for it.


 

oh darn @sueinsf 

 

i had hoped that you would find the guava mango calming while sitting in the tub, having a glass of wine. maybe you picked the wrong type of wine  smile

 

i am happy that you like it better then the papaya mango, which seems like i am the only one that never knew it existed - LOL hopefully, it will grow on you.


@iwrite I tried it in the shower.  Next time maybe, I'll try the tub with a glass of wine :-)