Super Contributor

Re: Korres -June 30th TODAY'S SPECIAL

I have used the Koores body butter and it was ok but their bath gel has sulfates in it and other ingredients that dry my skin out terribly. I wish that they would start using something less toxic in their bath gels. They make themselves out to be a natural type of product but they really are far from it.

Valued Contributor

@iwrite  - thank you for the info! Too bad. Yep, I'm probably going to order the Yogurt and Mandarin. Pricing/value is excellent! 

@Chi-town girl 

last night, someone either called in or posted on facebook asking this question about changing flavors on auto ship (can't remember which), both said they didn't know, but would find out. unless it's a new process that they implemented, can't change the flavor on auto ship.

for a reason that i don't understand, i can't figure out why i'm stumped on the mandarin because i like citrus and orange scents. i do think i will order it.

did or are you going to order the 33oz shower gel also or the 2 pack of body butter?

i haven't watched all of the shows, so i don't know if the 2 pack aired. i did see the 33 oz shower gel on air.

i hope you had a fun night!

Trusted Contributor

Well I guess I’ll be sticking my toe into the Korres water today. Thank you ladies. I knew I could count on you to push me over the edge. 😁

Valued Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I noticed this set show up yesterday and figured it would be the TS.  Basil Mandarin sounds interesting but for me, the body butter is enough so not sure when I would use the body butter spray? 

@sueinsf 

the body butter spray is lighter then the body butter.

with all of this heat and humidity, i've living on the body butter spray, for that reason. <smile>

when it's not hot, i put the body butter spray on, then the body butter on top.

the spray has a lot more shea butter, then the body butter.

the spray is not greasy or shiny like the olive oil spray.

there are some other differences, but i can't recall them now. <sorry>
i'm sure liz will explain them, like she always does.

Thanks @iwrite that was helpful.  I don't deal with heat and humidity, but I can completely understand how this product would be more appealing than a heavier cream in the summer for those that do.  I remember a previous set came with a spray oil, and I did use that under the body butter (although I think I was left with half of it when I finished the other products) so I'm guessing the body butter spray might be used similarly.

I'll have to watch the presentation and give it some thought.

@sueinsf 

you are very welcome. glad i could help.

sorry i wan't clear. the body butter spray in this tsv is NOT an oil, like the olive oil spray.

this body butter spray is a liquid version of the body butter, if you will, with more shea butter that has been liquefied.

again, i'm sorry for the confusion.

if i'm not mistaken, the body butter spray is the most expensive item in this set. it's almost the cost of the entire kit (i'm not including the trial size tube) if i didn't like and use the spray, i would probably pass on the set, because when the other 2 items are on sale, it may be a better deal.

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Oh dear god now I’m going t have to buy this! I’m a major Korres addict. Been enjoying their face products a lot lately. Especially the golden krocus serum and eye gel. Just got the face butter and it’s really nice. Got the cashmere rose 3 piece kit a while ago and it’s my new favorite perfume. It’s weird how a lot of people don’t know about this brand. Its just so amazing and lovely.

@Grouchomarx 

LOL
i think more people know about the brand, then we think. it is constantly being written about in beauty magazines, and many of the articles say that the only place such and such can be purchased is hsn, so says liz. i can only take her word for it, as i don't read/subscribe to any beauty magazines.

welcome to the addicts group <smile>

raise your right hand and repeat after me "i am a korres addict and proud of it. my skin loves korres and that's all that matters"

hopefully, saying it out loud makes you feel a little better about the addiction.

so which scents did you put on auto ship?

i am happy to hear that you already have the face butter that is part of this tsv and like it. i watched a presentation on it recently, and was on the fence. the biggest selling point for me is that its not full of chemicals like so  many other brands have.

Valued Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Ok, I'm in.  Got the Yogurt TSV and the 1 liter yogurt body wash.  Ok, I am not watching any more today.  Damage done.  Did use my 20% coupon on the body wash Smiley Happy

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL 

i bought the same combo that you did and had the nerve to repeat the combo in guava mango also.

yes, the coupon nudged me to get 2 1 liters. so does this make me double damaged? for sure, i won't need any more shower gel next year.

instead of damage, i call it providing for the future. if i'm not mistaken, the shower gel has a 4 year shelf life.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I noticed this set show up yesterday and figured it would be the TS.  Basil Mandarin sounds interesting but for me, the body butter is enough so not sure when I would use the body butter spray? 

@sueinsf 

the body butter spray is lighter then the body butter.

with all of this heat and humidity, i've living on the body butter spray, for that reason. <smile>

when it's not hot, i put the body butter spray on, then the body butter on top.

the spray has a lot more shea butter, then the body butter.

the spray is not greasy or shiny like the olive oil spray.

there are some other differences, but i can't recall them now. <sorry>
i'm sure liz will explain them, like she always does.

Thanks @iwrite that was helpful.  I don't deal with heat and humidity, but I can completely understand how this product would be more appealing than a heavier cream in the summer for those that do.  I remember a previous set came with a spray oil, and I did use that under the body butter (although I think I was left with half of it when I finished the other products) so I'm guessing the body butter spray might be used similarly.

I'll have to watch the presentation and give it some thought.

@sueinsf 

you are very welcome. glad i could help.

sorry i wan't clear. the body butter spray in this tsv is NOT an oil, like the olive oil spray.

this body butter spray is a liquid version of the body butter, if you will, with more shea butter that has been liquefied.

again, i'm sorry for the confusion.

if i'm not mistaken, the body butter spray is the most expensive item in this set. it's almost the cost of the entire kit (i'm not including the trial size tube) if i didn't like and use the spray, i would probably pass on the set, because when the other 2 items are on sale, it may be a better deal.

Thanks @iwrite.  I watched the presentation and I was clear that the spray isn't an oil (I was just commenting on the set that I got previously with the oil).  I heard Liz's description and saw it pumped out.  Decided I was willing to give it a try and ordered the Basil Mandarin.  Basil Lemon is my favorite, so I suspect I will like this one too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

For those that wanted to know if you could change the scent on Auto Ship, they stated last night that you could not.  Too bad as I would have definitely been interested in that too!!  I remember that being available MANY years ago on some Perlier Honey sets, but haven't seen it allowed for years.

Valued Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

OMG, I need this like I need a hole inthe head..  Its such a great deal tho.  No idea which scent to choose.   The only one I wouldnt get is the Lavender or Lily.  I watched the presentation and Liz said she didnt know if you could switch scents on autoship... 

Does the Yogurt have a scent?

@MrsCat21 

i think the answer to whether or not the yogurt has a scent, depends. . .

some will say yes and others will say no.some people are highly sensitive to scents.

i say no, when compared to all of the other flavors. it has an extremely small scent of something, which i can't put my finger on, to describe, but it's so light.

they say it is good for extremely dry skin. i like the yogurt for the winter, 'cause sometimes my skin gets dry, but definitely not "extremely dry".

Valued Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Count me as another member of the "I have enough already but it's such a good deal" club! LOL! 

The guava mango has been a favorite since they launched it last year. It's such a feel good cheery Summer fruit scent. What I really love about it is its really a great fruit scent no musk or perfume notes like Philosophy often sneaks into their fruit scents. I bought that set and had to try their new scent Basil Mandarin. I'm really curious if I'll like it since oddly enough even though I love citrus, I never cared for their Basil Lemon. Then for the days I don't want a strong scent, I did get the yoghurt too. To my nose, the yoghurt smells just like plain greek yoghurt. No perfume scent at all just a very neutral almost no scent. It really is more moisturizing then others so I love using it on my feet since my heels get so beat up dried up in Summer. 

The body butter spray is definitely my favorite during summer when it's hot out and I don't want a real heavy lotion but want moisture. I just opened a white grape butter spray and fell in love again with how easy it soaks in!

@FindingMyJoy 

thank you for describing the yogurt option. i just tried to explain it to someone here, but got stuck.

yep, like you, guava mango is my all time fave, even though it only came out last year. i am on the fence about the mandarin. i love citrus, not sure about the mint.

i finally, liked the "P" habit, not because of the smell, but because i don't want the chemicals. plus to me, it seemed counter productive to use one product/brand that has good ingredients and one that doesn't.