Valued Contributor

Re: Korres - HSN Dec 10th TS

@Mistic wrote:

I feel like I belong to a Club.  A KORRES Hoarding Club! Smiley Very Happy  

Hey, It's something we really like.  It makes us feel good.  It makes us smell good.  It makes us Happy.  There Can't Be Anything Wrong With That...RIGHT?.....RIGHT???Smiley Wink

Plus ~ How many times have we been told to keep our Gift Closet Stocked?  Smiley LOL  

@Mistic 

i don't know if you can be in the club. your fingers seem to be a problem <smile>

what's a gift closet? LOL

if it's something that would require me to buy more korres, i don't want that type of closet.

doesn't hoarding insinuate that there is something dirty or nasty? as much korres shower gel as i have, there is no way i could be dirty or nasty <smile>

i buy it because it's good for my skin., which makes me happy.

this name for the club sounds a little better to me "the korres well stocked mini mercantile club"

Respected Contributor

@iwrite  ~

Well now...I see how you are.  No joining the Club?  I guess that means that even if I keep my hands behind my back, I can't sit at the "Popular Kids Lunch Table" either.  Woman Sad

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

@Mistic 

hmmm, you do know that i was playing about the club, right?

i didn't even know there was a club. if there is one, i am not in charge of it. that i know for sure.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite ~

Sweet Lady ~ I was just teasing with you.  Heart 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@iwrite ~

Sweet Lady ~ I was just teasing with you.  Heart 

@Misticok. i just wanted to make sure, as i meant no harm.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite ~

We Are Totally Good (of course)!  I do enjoy your sense of humor.Smiley Happy

Have A Wonderful Holiday Heart

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

LOL, @iwrite , I'm very selective about what I'm obsessed about and  track like the soaps. I'm afraid the mails would suffer even worse in my hands.

Yes, I saw the little Beekman bars in the cans as soon as they were listed on HSN and bought a can of the Snow Forest out of curiosity (meh for me) and the can with Arcadia and Iris and Aloe or something like that. Some pretty florals in that batch. I need to get them upstairs with remains of the assortment of big bars I got from HSN earlier in the year, to test the scents, plus the 4-bar stashes of Arcadia and Covent Garden. They'll join a 30-year-old box of country soaps I got from Chambers, which is now a bedding imprint of Williams-Sonoma, I think. At least I'm using the Beekman. I don't remember what I was saving the Chambers soaps for. The amazing house guest who never materialized, I suppose. 

@noodleann 

happy holidays! i finally got around to opening and trying the snow forest 12/24. its not bad, but i didn't find it as moisturizing as the honey & oats. for that reason alone, i wouldn't bu it again. the wrapping is fabulous on that bar though.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

LOL, @iwrite , I'm very selective about what I'm obsessed about and  track like the soaps. I'm afraid the mails would suffer even worse in my hands.

Yes, I saw the little Beekman bars in the cans as soon as they were listed on HSN and bought a can of the Snow Forest out of curiosity (meh for me) and the can with Arcadia and Iris and Aloe or something like that. Some pretty florals in that batch. I need to get them upstairs with remains of the assortment of big bars I got from HSN earlier in the year, to test the scents, plus the 4-bar stashes of Arcadia and Covent Garden. They'll join a 30-year-old box of country soaps I got from Chambers, which is now a bedding imprint of Williams-Sonoma, I think. At least I'm using the Beekman. I don't remember what I was saving the Chambers soaps for. The amazing house guest who never materialized, I suppose. 

@noodleann 

happy holidays! i finally got around to opening and trying the snow forest 12/24. its not bad, but i didn't find it as moisturizing as the honey & oats. for that reason alone, i wouldn't bu it again. the wrapping is fabulous on that bar though.

I gave my brother a small bar of Snow Forest yesterday as a stocking stuffer. He likes the mild scent and I'll give him another bar if he says he likes using it. I have my bar at the kitchen sink, along with a big bar of Oak Moss and a couple of others whose scent I don't remember. I have a big bar of Arcadia in the tub and don't have room for another one. I keep that out of the water so it's lasting well. 

Beekman is fine, but I've seen good reviews of other goat milk-based soaps here, some with much more goat milk, and I'd like to try a couple. The moisturing (or at least non-drying) quality recommends this kind of soap. It's one thing I like about the Beekman soaps. Must get out my honey and oats bar to see if I also find it more moisturizing or less drying than the others.

Merry Christmas! 

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I gave my brother a small bar of Snow Forest yesterday as a stocking stuffer. He likes the mild scent and I'll give him another bar if he says he likes using it. I have my bar at the kitchen sink, along with a big bar of Oak Moss and a couple of others whose scent I don't remember. I have a big bar of Arcadia in the tub and don't have room for another one. I keep that out of the water so it's lasting well. 

Beekman is fine, but I've seen good reviews of other goat milk-based soaps here, some with much more goat milk, and I'd like to try a couple. The moisturing (or at least non-drying) quality recommends this kind of soap. It's one thing I like about the Beekman soaps. Must get out my honey and oats bar to see if I also find it more moisturizing or less drying than the others.

Merry Christmas! 

@noodleann 

yes, the snow forest is ok, but i much prefer the honey & oats because i have diamond hard water (which is much harder then rock hard water - LOL)

i love how you said "more moisturizing or less drying then the others".

that is a really good way to say it.

it's good to see that you have 'freed your soap', by having several flavors open at the same time. that will make josh very happy!

i found the pure bar to be less moisturizing, but it could be because of my diamond water. while i'm not a scientist, and have probably forgotten most of what i learned in chem 1, 2 and 3 in high school (don't ask), i can't imagine that some of the flavors are as moisturizing as others, because of the ingredients used to make the fragrance.

by that i mean that as each bar weighs the same, so to me that means that there is less of something (probably less goat milk) in the bars that have a stronger fragrance. the fragrance takes up space, if that makes sense. that's why i was shocked about the pure, which i would think has the most goat milk. again, it could be my water.

just like the korres unscented (and yoghurt in my opinion). it has more of the moisturizing ingredients then the ones with a scent. i do know that way back when, liz said that the yoghurt was the one designed for extra dry skin. while i don't have dry skin, i partially took that to mean that the yoghurt was the most moisturizing. then i tried it and did find it that way. ever since then (aka back in the olden days), i have kept the yoghurt shower gel and the body butter in stock (or should i say i have over stocked it - LOL) and always have a bottle of it on the tub, along with something else.

a while back, i thought about trying the oak moss, but talked myself out of doing that. on one of the last beekman shows, i watched, i swear that they said that oak moss is one of the flavors that they are retiring in 2020. why i don't know. they have a tsv is a few days on hsn, for the wipes. i suspect it will be the jumbo 100 count packs.

and dare i tell you that korres will be on jan 1st?
if the liter of yoghurt is back at that $22 price, i may be compelled to buy 2 more.

the soap dish that is built into the wall next to the tub is pretty much useless. so, when i first bought some beekman soap, i went rummaging through the container of lock n lock that i have, that won't fit in my cabinets, and i found a container that is the same width as the side of the tub. it holds 2 of their 9 oz bars and 1 lump of kohl bar. what i really like is that it has this grate thing at the bottom, so when you put the soap in, the soap doesn't touch the bottom of the container so the bottom of the soap can dry.

do you know why the honey & oats doesn't have any other product, but the bar soap? i've never heard them say one way or the other.

i have also seen reviews of other goat milk soap here, but never bothered to look into them. before beekman, i was NOT a bar soap person. if you try another brand, let me know, especially if it is tripled milled. anything short of that, is an easy pass for me, as they wear out (for lack of a better phrase) too fast.

after beekman left, evine brought in another goat milk company. i don't remember exactly what, but there was some connection to beekman. from what i can remember, i don't think it was soap. i think it was the laundry powder.

happy new year!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN Coupon alert @Chi-town girl & all here

Coupon 181357 

Offer is valid 1/1/2020 - 1/2/2020. Coupon Expires on 1/2/2020 at 11:59 PM ET.