Valued Contributor

Re: Korres - HSN Dec 10th TS

@Shelbelle wrote:

It was a very good deal and a lovely presentation for a gift. I caved and got the White Grape as a gift just before midnight. 

@Shelbelle 

a gift for who? you or someone else? <smile>

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Mistic wrote:

@iwrite ~

Now this "IS" a very good idea!  Put it in a bin, and store it in the garage.  My DH has so much #$%^ in there, that he would never find it.  I would however need to draw myself a map as to where I put it (for when I forget).  Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Very Happy

Or you could keep an inventory on your computer like I do, under the title "Where Is It?" I personally wouldn't keep anything liquid or semi-liquid in my garage unless it's fuel or something treated with antifreeze because I don't heat my garage.

I do have my toiletries and cosmetics stash inventoried and boxed in the closet off my master bathroom. The boxes are numbered. I know just which one to take out when I need something. Not that need has much to do with any of this.

@noodleann 

that is exactly why i store things in the garage, there is no heat. beauty products do better in a cool or cold environment.

really? you have an inventory list on your computer. i said that as a joke. i am happy to know that it works. just makes me think that perhaps i do not have enough korres and beekman after all LOL, (so not the case)

Respected Contributor

@iwrite ~

I do enjoy your threads on the matters of Korres Hoarding, Hiding, and Storing strategies.  I look for your posts every time there is a good sale.  Your sense of humor always makes me smile and giggle.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Mistic wrote:

@iwrite ~

Now this "IS" a very good idea!  Put it in a bin, and store it in the garage.  My DH has so much #$%^ in there, that he would never find it.  I would however need to draw myself a map as to where I put it (for when I forget).  Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Very Happy

Or you could keep an inventory on your computer like I do, under the title "Where Is It?" I personally wouldn't keep anything liquid or semi-liquid in my garage unless it's fuel or something treated with antifreeze because I don't heat my garage.

I do have my toiletries and cosmetics stash inventoried and boxed in the closet off my master bathroom. The boxes are numbered. I know just which one to take out when I need something. Not that need has much to do with any of this.

@noodleann 

that is exactly why i store things in the garage, there is no heat. beauty products do better in a cool or cold environment.

really? you have an inventory list on your computer. i said that as a joke. i am happy to know that it works. just makes me think that perhaps i do not have enough korres and beekman after all LOL, (so not the case)

LOL, yes, I have an inventory. Not only does it tell me what's where, it tells me how much I have of what and when I got it. As long as I remember to check it before I give into temptation to buy something, I avoid buying duplicates or worse, something that really didn't work well the first time (I also log fails there). I have to log in my small stash of Beekman soaps, which will include yeas/nays on the scents. Really wish they'd do a scent sampler of tiny soaps, like the rosebud-shaped guest soaps you used to get in sets as gifts long ago. 

Respected Contributor

@noodleann ~

Hey ~ About the smaller soaps.  Last year Beekman offered a set of 9 1/2 size bars in a tin.  All were different scents.  Not a sample size bar, but better than the giant one to try.  If I see it again I will let you know.  

My GD's loved the kit.  Cute metal tin with a goat on it.  And they got to pick their scents.  And they are much easier for them to handle being the small ones.  One GD has eczema, and the soaps work great for her.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@iwrite ~

I do enjoy your threads on the matters of Korres Hoarding, Hiding, and Storing strategies.  I look for your posts every time there is a good sale.  Your sense of humor always makes me smile and giggle.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

wow!
thank you @Mistic 
i am going to email a few agents to get some paying comic gigs!

i suspect that i have let you down, as i don't always post when there is a korres sale. i will try to do better in 2020.

i am happy that my cray cray makes you smile and giggle.
Lord knows, we need much more of that, these days.

people say that they have hard water. i call my water rock water, 'cause often it is hard as rocks. this is a reason why i have a stash of the korres shower gel. i use it for bubble bath, as it does soften the water.

i think i qualify as an korres og, for sure.
and over the last 5 years or so, i'm gaining speed in the beekman world.

we spend a lot of money on quality products. there is no point in helping them possibly go bad, sooner, by keeping them in regular room temperature, warm or heaven forbid hot places. i keep my stash of moisturizer and scrubs in the fridge, bottom shelf on the door or in what i call my cold closet. for a reason that i do not understand, that closet stays cold all year long, just like my garage.

happy holidays!

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

LOL, yes, I have an inventory. Not only does it tell me what's where, it tells me how much I have of what and when I got it. As long as I remember to check it before I give into temptation to buy something, I avoid buying duplicates or worse, something that really didn't work well the first time (I also log fails there). I have to log in my small stash of Beekman soaps, which will include yeas/nays on the scents. Really wish they'd do a scent sampler of tiny soaps, like the rosebud-shaped guest soaps you used to get in sets as gifts long ago. 

@noodleann 

i am going to ask my friend that is a retired postmaster, to submit a bid for you to take over the postal system, as you keep track of things way better then they do.

at xmas time on hsn, the beekman boys do small sizes, something like 3 ounce bars of soaps (a variety) in a can/bucket of some type. they probably sold out of them on hsn by now though.

i received an email from them today. on their web site, they have a 6 pack variety of the regular 9 oz size for $42. i am not that adventurous. i basically stick with the honey & oats (which i like way better then the pure) and their lump of kohl, 'cause i can use both of them on the body and face. yes, i know that i am boring when it comes to flavors.

i did just order a few days ago (from their web site) 2 of the snow forest because they were $7 a bar and free shipping. if  you haven't already, you may want to sign up for their email list. they are currently doing the 12 days of xmas thing, where every day there is a different product on sale.

happy holidays!

Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann 

i am going to ask my friend that is a retired postmaster, to submit a bid for you to take over the postal system, as you keep track of things way better then they do.

at xmas time on hsn, the beekman boys do small sizes, something like 3 ounce bars of soaps (a variety) in a can/bucket of some type. they probably sold out of them on hsn by now though.

i received an email from them today. on their web site, they have a 6 pack variety of the regular 9 oz size for $42. i am not that adventurous. i basically stick with the honey & oats (which i like way better then the pure) and their lump of kohl, 'cause i can use both of them on the body and face. yes, i know that i am boring when it comes to flavors.

i did just order a few days ago (from their web site) 2 of the snow forest because they were $7 a bar and free shipping. if  you haven't already, you may want to sign up for their email list. they are currently doing the 12 days of xmas thing, where every day there is a different product on sale.

happy holidays!

LOL, @iwrite , I'm very selective about what I'm obsessed about and  track like the soaps. I'm afraid the mails would suffer even worse in my hands.

Yes, I saw the little Beekman bars in the cans as soon as they were listed on HSN and bought a can of the Snow Forest out of curiosity (meh for me) and the can with Arcadia and Iris and Aloe or something like that. Some pretty florals in that batch. I need to get them upstairs with remains of the assortment of big bars I got from HSN earlier in the year, to test the scents, plus the 4-bar stashes of Arcadia and Covent Garden. They'll join a 30-year-old box of country soaps I got from Chambers, which is now a bedding imprint of Williams-Sonoma, I think. At least I'm using the Beekman. I don't remember what I was saving the Chambers soaps for. The amazing house guest who never materialized, I suppose. 

Valued Contributor

@noodleann 

did you receive the email from beekman about the 10 pack (all different scents) of the 3.5 oz bar soaps for $40. seems like they heard your request.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

It was a very good deal and a lovely presentation for a gift. I caved and got the White Grape as a gift just before midnight. 

@Shelbelle 

a gift for who? you or someone else? <smile>

it is part of a bday gift for my daughter who turns 40 on Xmas Eve!!