Respected Contributor

Re: Korres - HSN Dec 10th TS

I have more than enogh of the floral scents.  If I purchase, it will be the Cucumber Bamboo ~ IF I KNEW WHAT BAMBOO SMELLED LIKE???  

I have all the Men in the house using the gender neutral scents from a KORRES Shower Gel haul last month at TJ & Marshalls.

And, if they were offering the Guava Citrus, We all really like that one.  Even me, the Floral Junkie.Smiley Surprised

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

Too thick.....never really absorbs on my skin.  I like the shower gels though.  Easy pass for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I received a sample of the new Vanilla. It is very very strong smelling and I almost tossed it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Cristyn-Momof2 wrote:

For those familiar with the scents, can you please describe them?

I'm a big Korres fan and have tried the scents. Everyone's nose is different but these are my opinions:

Cashmere Rose - It's a rose mixed with something that makes it seem heavy/musk-like. I personally didn't like this rose. It comes across as a perfume scent. Korres does a Japanese Rose scent that is much more like a crisp real rose without extra filler scents added to it.

Cucumber Bamboo - I had really looked forward to trying it but was disappointed. I tried only the shower gel so maybe the body butter is different. The gel was very light scented. The cucumber didn't pop. It was a light clean scent but nothing special. I don't smell any florals in it so either gender could like it. 

Mediterranean Vanilla - I got the sample body butter packet in 1 of my HSN purchases this month. Disclaimer I don't care for vanilla bakery type scents. This is a light vanilla scent laced with a generic floral undertone. Its a pretty scent. It's not a super strong bakery vanilla scent.  

White Grape - This is 1 of my all time favorite Korres scents. To my nose, it's really fresh but hard to describe scent. I think either gender could use it. On  my skin, this body butter always seemed to be lighter, less thick than other scents? Not sure if the formulation is actually different but this soaks in better for me. It reminds me more of the Olive Oil line's body cream consistency vs the usual thick body butter. 

I think it's great Korres is doing an unscented version. It would be awesome if they would also do unscented in their Olive Oil line too since I don't really love any of those scents.

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

The mystery kit is a great value.It has the body lotion (full size),small shower gel,wipes and full size Hydra repair face butter.

We got samples of the new scent.It is very good.

TY @Bibione  - Thatis a good Nov kit value for $32. I like the Hydra repair face butter, used the small sample (on my neck)  that was included in one of the previous body TS kits. This item sells for $36. 

Korres Hydra-Repair Face Butter
665-620
Korres Hydra-Repair Face Butter

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Wonder if there is going to be a monthly Mystery Box. Dec Box $36, free shipping

Korres December Mystery Box
692-286
Korres December Mystery Box
What You Get
  • 1.35 fl. oz. Pure Greek Olive Oil Moisturizing Day Cream
  • 3 other full-size Korres products

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I went over board 2yrs ago with Korres line LOL!  They had a great TS and back then I picked up quite a few shower gels and body butters...but the SPRAY body butters are AMAZING.  I HIGHLY recommend anyone of them as they all seem to be very moisturizing....soaking in and lasting all day long.

For me this TS is a pass....I have too much I need to use up LOL!  And I don't like the giant sizes....unless it was a spray body butter...that would have been calling my name!

I recently purchased a great sale...large/full size shower gel + body butter spray for $19 free shipping.  The  Basil Mandarin....it is a new scent for them.  It has no floral notes/scent to it at all which is great I do not like floral.  But it is more of a spa like scent....super super hydrating.

I also got that small packet of the new vanilla.....it was ok but not something that I had to have.  

If you have never tried Korres look for one of their awesome deals around $20 with that spray body lotion....or if you see it at TJMaxx/Marshalls grab it!  

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@iwrite  Yes, me too!  And also Perlier and Philosophy.   Not ordering the Korres TS or today's Philosophy TSV.

@Daysdee 

happy to know that i am not alone with having way too much korres.

why do we do this?

thank goodness it has a long shelf life - LOL

i don't know about you, but i think the body butter should come in a liter size with a pump. maybe they are working up to that, as the body butter in this tsv is almost equal to 2 of their body butters in a tube.

philosophy is always an easy pass because of the chemicals.

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

Besides me, who else has at least an 18 month supply of korres?

I can open a Korres boutique if I wanted to.  I will not be watching when they air this special.  I have a shower get and body lotion hoarding disorder and there is no cure!

@Grouchomarx 

LOL, between my korres and beekman stash, i have a boutique and mercantile.

i want to watch to hear liz describe the vanilla, even though i am only going to order the unscented. i like having products without scent, as sometimes, i just don't want to smell anything, if that makes sense.

as far i'm concerned, this is a good thing to hoard. the only two things that i can think of that are better to hoard is good health and money. who wants a cure for a good thing? <smile>

Valued Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@Cristyn-Momof2 wrote:

For those familiar with the scents, can you please describe them?

I'm a big Korres fan and have tried the scents. Everyone's nose is different but these are my opinions:

Cashmere Rose - It's a rose mixed with something that makes it seem heavy/musk-like. I personally didn't like this rose. It comes across as a perfume scent. Korres does a Japanese Rose scent that is much more like a crisp real rose without extra filler scents added to it.

Cucumber Bamboo - I had really looked forward to trying it but was disappointed. I tried only the shower gel so maybe the body butter is different. The gel was very light scented. The cucumber didn't pop. It was a light clean scent but nothing special. I don't smell any florals in it so either gender could like it. 

Mediterranean Vanilla - I got the sample body butter packet in 1 of my HSN purchases this month. Disclaimer I don't care for vanilla bakery type scents. This is a light vanilla scent laced with a generic floral undertone. Its a pretty scent. It's not a super strong bakery vanilla scent.  

White Grape - This is 1 of my all time favorite Korres scents. To my nose, it's really fresh but hard to describe scent. I think either gender could use it. On  my skin, this body butter always seemed to be lighter, less thick than other scents? Not sure if the formulation is actually different but this soaks in better for me. It reminds me more of the Olive Oil line's body cream consistency vs the usual thick body butter. 

I think it's great Korres is doing an unscented version. It would be awesome if they would also do unscented in their Olive Oil line too since I don't really love any of those scents.

@FindingMyJoy 

i have been on the fence about ordering the cucumber bamboo. while they say it has a spa like scent, i just kept thinking do they mean a high end spa or something way less. i think that it's interesting that the scent was light. i thought that it would or should be more of a pick me up, invigorating scent.

i would not be surprised if down the road that there is an olive oil unscented version, as many people like products with no scents. plus it would be a good option for men. i do like the olive oil sea salt hand cream that i have. i think it is very light and that's fine with me.

we think women hoard products. let a man find something like this that they like. they can buy enough to truly fill an entire shelf of the same product! LOL