Respected Contributor

I am tempted to try the TS which is still available for $3 more.  I wonder why they never seem to discuss the ingredients except for olive oil and shea butter.  What is NOT in these products and I wonder why they do not qualify for Clean Beauty.  Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

It contains fragrance which is why it's not 'clean'.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I don't believe having fragrance disqualifies it for clean beauty if they use natural oils as a fragrance

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@SilleeMee   I don't believe having fragrance disqualifies it for clean beauty if they use natural oils as a fragrance

@Teddixat 

The list of ingredients just says "Fragrance". It does not specify it's origin. 

Esteemed Contributor

HSN "Clean Beauty" Designation:

The HSN Clean Beauty seal designates that the brand is formulated without sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, methylisothiazolinone/methylchloroisothiazolinone, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, petrolatum, mineral oil, chemical sunscreens, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban and talc. Our seal indicates products that contain less than one percent of synthetic fragrances and are certified cruelty-free by a third-party source

Honored Contributor

Re: Koreas and clean beauty

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I am tempted to try the TS which is still available for $3 more.  I wonder why they never seem to discuss the ingredients except for olive oil and shea butter.  What is NOT in these products and I wonder why they do not qualify for Clean Beauty.  Anyone know?

@bargainsgirl   Even "Clean Beauty" can  have have a long ingredient deck that hosts could not pronounce and most consumers would not know what those do. I assume they make it easier by naming a few familiar ones. 

@Johnnyeager  posted what's NOT in the product, but what is in there?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It also contains isohexadecane which is a petroleum-based paraffin compound (solvent/emollient).

ETA- Many petroleum-based chemicals have words used to describe them ending with '-cane' or '-ane'. When you see a word ending with -cane or -ane then most likely it's made from petroleum.

Same can be said for words ending in '-ene'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

It also contains isohexadecane which is a petroleum-based paraffin compound (solvent/emollient).

@SilleeMee   ...so confusing since it states it has no petroleum. How can they state that if there is a petroleum-based paraffin compound? Clean Beuty is not always "clean" and each company has their own definition of what that means. I'm hoping it could be better regulated across the board.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee   ...so confusing since it states it has no petroleum. How can they state that if there is a petroleum-based paraffin compound? Clean Beuty is not always "clean" and each company has their own definition of what that means. I'm hoping it could be better regulated across the board.

@Shanus 

That product is not a clean one. It's not listed as such.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

That product is not a clean one. It's not listed as such.

@SilleeMee  Ah ha! Thanks.