Honored Contributor

Several years ago, the majority of my skincare routine was with Korean products.  I adopted the Korean multi-step cleansing and treatment method back then and still follow a modified version of it today.  I eventually moved on to other products, not because I didn't like the Korean ones but started experimenting and found others, found what I liked and stuck with them.  When I eventually run out of my stash I wouldn't be opposed to revisiting Korean products again.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I have wavy Caucasian hair nearly to my waist and I love CD Black Vanilla line-no cosmetic dermatitis on my scalp.

The Smoothee is to die for!!!

Regular Contributor

I recently learned that Costco online has fantastic deals on skincare.  I did a little bit of browsing and found a lot of prestige beauty brands at ridiculous prices for members, but I have yet to purchase something.  I also saw a lot of Korean and Japanese brands.

I have to agree with the marketing comments.  I think social media is to blame for the K-beauty and J-beauty trends.  You can find good and bad products in Asian, American and European skincare brands.  Everybody is different.  I agree, skin is skin, and hair is hair.  We all have to find what works for us regardless of our ethnicity.

If you visit Korea and Japan and go to the malls, they don't sell Korean and Japanese brands exclusively, they also sell American and European brands, like Clinique, Lancome, Dior, etc. because Asians buy from all their favorite brands regardless of their place of origin.  As for their skin, they really stay away from the sun and protect themselves with hats, long sleeves and spf, but I saw everything.  People with fantastic skin and others with the same issues as us (wrinkles, acne, pores, dark spots).  I did see a lot of skin lightening products (I thought for dark spots or age spots) in American and European brands that we see in America, but I have never seen those products here.  So I'm sure there are variations among lines in Asia vs America.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@sidsmom   I am cringing too. Skin is skin.  So Korean skin is different than my Eastern European skin ?  I dont; think so.   We all different and most importantly we are all the same.

@PhilaLady1  When the Tacha vendor is on, she always refers to the gorgeous skin of geishas...And?

Tatcha technically is Japanese inspired, so it wouldn’t fall within the

scope of Korean cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

Dr. Dray receives the monthly japanese beauty box from No-Make-No-Life.  She did a review the other day and spoke highly of the products.

From the website:  “nomakenolife” is a popular phrase used in japan by people who believe that makeup is essential to their lives. we want to embrace this philosophy by delivering you high-quality and unique japanese cosmetics in a convenient monthly subscription box. we’ve got our in-house licensed beauty consultant selecting japanese beauty products that will improve your daily beauty routine!

Trusted Contributor
I buy a Missha BB (Korean), which I initially tried because it had good reviews, sunscreen in it, and was a reasonable price.
Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@sidsmom   I am cringing too. Skin is skin.  So Korean skin is different than my Eastern European skin ?  I dont; think so.   We all different and most importantly we are all the same.

@PhilaLady1  When the Tacha vendor is on, she always refers to the gorgeous skin of geishas...And?

Tatcha technically is Japanese inspired, so it wouldn’t fall within the

scope of Korean cosmetics.

I have seen the picture of the Geisha used by Tacha. I suspect that she has avoided sun damage, which contributes to the condition of her skin.
Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Re: Korean beauty

[ Edited ]

The Korean Beauty Set will be on sale beginning Sept 7th. It is in the catalogue that they are still mailing. out. About $30 off. I don't know what I did with the catalogue.

It doesn't matter if this is from a third party which some online products are. You can still have the Costco return policy.

I’ve been using Korean products for 1 week. I got them at either TJMaxx or Ulta. My face is a lot softer and smoother- in fact my husband commented on it last night. I am 63 yrs old, previous sun worshipper and previous cigarette smoker. My skin was also very dry but now it’s great.  I agree with the other post that you have to shop around for what works for you, but I also found out that u don’t have to spend a lot of money on skincare for it to work. I’ve tried Tatcha once; it was good but way too expensive for me.  I hope QVC gets Korean beauty in stock and pray it is not expensive. 

Respected Contributor

I have dabbled a little in some Korean skincare. Many of the companies are more reasonably priced than US brands and at the same time do not  sacrifice quality.