Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm going to try some of the masks & peels. This one is sourced from coconut milk

asianbeautybrands-3drjart.jpg

Please lmk what u think of these products! My son is going to Thailand next week and he talks about all the Korean products!! When he was in Korea..he said the women were beautiful..and dressed like celebrities..I WANT to try some of their products..they sound awesome!!! He said they have lovely skin..!!! 

@emmysmom - I just tagged you on another more recent thread about Korean beauty. See if he can get you cleansers and masks. Give him a bag and tell him to fill it up Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I tried a watermelon mask that smelled wonderful but had a reaction. I use Blue Berry Bounce cleanser.. very gentle makes my face feel clean and firm. I follow with Ceramidin serum that is in a large bottle that will last a very long time. The one I bought came with a cream That I don't use because it feels greasy to me.I like the serum and think it firms my skin and has minimized some small eye lines. My skin is very sensitive and responded well to J.One Black Jelly Pack.It's called an overnight rescue mask. Love it. I also have Blithe Rejuvenating Purple Berry Splash very gentle exfoliator you use in the shower. Some girls put it a spray bottle so they don't spill any in the shower. I'm going to do this. I go slow with new products so I use this once a week.I get emails from GLOW it has lots of imformation and goes through what types of products should be in your regemin. They talk about how to achieve glass skin ..... so healthy it looks like glass. They seem to be more into the health of your skin that makeup. I think it's interesting. I regently got Organic Flowers toner that I haven't tried yet. So they recomend a 5 to 7 step ritual for great skin. I'm trying to add one product for each category. You can find products here, Sephora on Glow. Probably about anywhere. I am interested in trying a mask but am a chicken on which one. Sorry this is so lenghty.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Chi-town girl   I tried a watermelon mask that smelled wonderful but had a reaction. I use Blue Berry Bounce cleanser.. very gentle makes my face feel clean and firm. I follow with Ceramidin serum that is in a large bottle that will last a very long time. The one I bought came with a cream That I don't use because it feels greasy to me.I like the serum and think it firms my skin and has minimized some small eye lines. My skin is very sensitive and responded well to J.One Black Jelly Pack.It's called an overnight rescue mask. Love it. I also have Blithe Rejuvenating Purple Berry Splash very gentle exfoliator you use in the shower. Some girls put it a spray bottle so they don't spill any in the shower. I'm going to do this. I go slow with new products so I use this once a week.I get emails from GLOW it has lots of imformation and goes through what types of products should be in your regemin. They talk about how to achieve glass skin ..... so healthy it looks like glass. They seem to be more into the health of your skin that makeup. I think it's interesting. I regently got Organic Flowers toner that I haven't tried yet. So they recomend a 5 to 7 step ritual for great skin. I'm trying to add one product for each category. You can find products here, Sephora on Glow. Probably about anywhere. I am interested in trying a mask but am a chicken on which one. Sorry this is so lenghty.

@fluffysmom -thank you for posting your reviews & recommendations!   

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

New K Beauty items are posted at HSN. These look interesting

The Beauty Spy 5-pack Neogen 3D Agecure Wrinkle Neck Mask
658-261
The Beauty Spy 5-pack Neogen 3D Agecure Wrinkle Neck Mask
The Beauty Spy Neogen Agecure Firming Neck & Decollete Cream
658-259
The Beauty Spy Neogen Agecure Firming Neck & Decollete Cream

Esteemed Contributor

Even though this thread is a couple of years old, the search for Korean skincare and makeup is still a big thing. I've seen the high end Korean brand Sulwhasoo at Nordstom.

I see lots of Korean facial masks at Winners in Canada and now see Korean cleansers and toners as well. Winners is part of the TJX corporation so likely you'll see the same products at T.J Maxx and Marshalls.

I also watch Tina Yong on youtube -- she is an Australian makeup artist and beauty influencer of Vietnam heritage who is currently based out of Singapore and she tries all sorts of asian brands including Korean, Japanese skincare and makeup.

I also watch Dr Dray on youtube and she's into Korean skincare. She mentioned going to an H-Mart store for Korean skincare so I went to one in Vancouver, B.C. And bought a Korean sunscreen. It's Clio Kill Protection matte sunbase with an SPF 50+ PA++++. It's slightly tinted and it does have a light fragrance that disipates quickly. The 50 ml tube cost me about $30 dollars CDN.

I also bought a Korean powder blush for about $5 CDN at Miniso in Canada. The brand is So Lovely and the shade is 01 Natural Pink.

Both Miniso and H-Mart had store testers.