Honored Contributor

Re: Korean 7 Skin Method....It Really Works!

I'm really confused (but admittedly interested!). Do I use a toner and an essence? I guess the toner would be first (pat, pat, pat) and then the same with an essence?

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I'm really confused (but admittedly interested!). Do I use a toner and an essence? I guess the toner would be first (pat, pat, pat) and then the same with an essence?

Typically, I would use the essence first. It all depends on what's in it. In my case, I use my green tea/rice water first (since that's undergone a fermentation), the argan essence, and then the rose toner, repeat, then end w/ my green tea. Then I apply serum and then moisturizer.

I don't think you can really make a mistake. I just apply in order of ingredient preference. (Then I take into account thin-to-thick, but not always.)

Honored Contributor

I did not know the steps either so I Googled it. Lots of info out there how to use the 7 Method plus products you can use. It also talks about cleansing the face & exfoliation so the 7 Method works better.

Esteemed Contributor

Is there any Korean skin care that is fragrant free? I see quite a bit of Korean skin care products at Winners in Canada including cleansers, toners, water essences and facial masks and I notice that a lot of the cleansers, toners, and essences are fragranced, especially rose scented which I don't like.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Is there any Korean skin care that is fragrant free? I see quite a bit of Korean skin care products at Winners in Canada including cleansers, toners, water essences and facial masks and I notice that a lot of the cleansers, toners, and essences are fragranced, especially rose scented which I don't like.

@TY, the ones I mentioned are fragrance free. At least the CosRx and Tosowoong are Korean and fragrance free. The Hadalabo is Japanese and fragrance free. And then Isomers is of course Canadian and fragrance free.

I'd also advise watching out for alcohol and denatured alcohol in Korean toners. It is very common. If a tiny bit is listed at the end of the deck it's probably okay and only included because an active contained a titch of it. But some of these formulas list alcohol as ingredient number two right after water!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain

Thank you for your recommendations on fragrance free Korean and Japanese skin care.

Valued Contributor

so bottom line is to apply either a toner or essence 7 times. I was a little confused when I first read through this thread.

Valued Contributor

I’m intrigued and will give this a try.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

so bottom line is to apply either a toner or essence 7 times. I was a little confused when I first read through this thread.

What I really think is happening is all that patting is great for facial circulation. The toners or essences are used for topical hydration, (whereas oil things keep in your own hydration.)

So great to do all that, and then put some kind of oil (or moisturizer) on top to seal it in.

But after you do the toning, your skin feels plump and most comfortable! It feels like you don't even need a moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I tried this last night before bed (watched a youtube video first) and my skin looked and felt great when I woke up. I'm going out in a bit and I'm going to try this before makeup to see if it holds up, or gums up and peels (like so many moisturizers I've tried).