Respected Contributor

Kohl’s not reopened yet here

[ Edited ]

Our county went into the yellow phase 5/15. (Pittsburgh Area)  Many stores including Kohl’s (stand alone) have not opened yet.  I will hold off, but many have tons of Amazon returns to make.  Maybe they are getting ready to reopen, I’m just surprised it wasn’t the first day they could re open, especially since we found out 5/8.  

No real interest in shopping.  I did have two Q orders since the stay at home was issued. 

Sorry not sure how this got in beauty.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kohl’s not reopened yet here

Im very worried Kohls and Macys may be the next domino to fall. I wouldnt be surprised if they file for Chapter 11.

Trusted Contributor

@lynnie61 I am also in the Pittsburgh area. Our Kohl's isn't open either. Today I drove down to the Waterfront ( Homestead, PA) and nothing down there is open either. I was hoping to stop at Ulta and Barnes and Noble. That is the B&N I worked at for 16 years. I wasn't going to do any prolonged shopping. I knew what I wanted at each store, so go in, get it, maybe say hi to my former co-workers, and leave. I don't know if the stores are waiting for the county to go into the green phase, but I was a bit disappointed.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2   I’m North of the city.  Yes, not sure how many retailers will make it.  Kohl’s is one of those places on one visit, I find a lot, another visit, maybe nothing.   I’m laying low until we see some more case numbers in the coming weeks.  But not sure when the green phase will reach us.  Retail may never return like it was in the past.  We shall soon see.  

Honored Contributor

I just read an article that said Kohl's is dropping some of their designers, including JLo and Juicy Couture.

I forgot the other brands, but you can google it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I think Kohl's may be one of those stores which won't make it. BB&B is another. I hope I'm wrong.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@lynnie61  I am chomping at the bit to get up to the North Hills. Ross Park is my favorite mall. And then up the road to Nordstrom Rack. Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Those were the days!

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2   I’ve never actually been in that Nordstrom rack or the Container store either at the Block at Northway.  I’m probably saving $$$.   I loved Northway Mall as a kid.  Jos Horne’s, Woolworths, G C Murphy’s.   Northway was a great mall in the 70’s. Ross Park is great though.  Love Cheesecake Factory any day!  

Honored Contributor

Some of the stores here did not open on the first day they were allowed, which was a Monday but opened in time for the weekend shopping.

I  know Kohls is open but I didn't go in.

I went in my local TJMaxx, the store was nearly empty, almost everything was marked clearance.   I asked if they were clearing out to close but the cashier said no.  I asked about the very low inventory,, she said they only get one truck a week.    So they must have had a bang up weekend for the store to nearly sell out the first few days open.

Our Macys is open but I haven't gone in yet.

Esteemed Contributor

My state has been open for two weeks. Kohl’s is opening tomorrow. I think it just takes them time to get the store ready and call back employees.